Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BotCon 2012 guests

Apparently Peter Cullen (Voice of Optimus, Optimus and Optimus), is going to be at BotCon, but it wasn't on the BotCon website at the time of posting this. So maybe it was on their facebook page.

im so going to botcon next year!
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Oh man; if there is a script reading involving Kay, Chalk & Cullen (Plus the bloke who did G1 Blaster who's name escapes me... ) then they had bloody-well better record it and get it out to people!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    (Plus the bloke who did G1 Blaster who's name escapes me... )
    It's like, three posts above...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Hehe, oh hursti :P
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    *Applies palm to face rather heavily...

Yeah, should've looked for that one...
    In recent news though, it would seem that TFW2005 have confirmed that TF:Animated extraordinaire - Derrick J. Wyatt, will also be attending Botcon 2012; taking part in a retrospective TF:A panel & some autograph signings.

A number of artists have been announced as being available in the Dealer Room for this year, selling stuff, autographing things, and doing requests.
    Matt Frank
    Casey Coller
    Robby Musso
    Josh Perez
    Livio Ramondelli
    Dan Khanna
    (plus a few amateur artists)

PLUS, Simon Furman will be there selling copies of:
    *Transformers: War Within -- Age of Wrath #4 (unpublished)
    *Transformers: War Within -- Age of Wrath #5 (unpublished), including a bonus FREE outline of issue #6
    *Transformers Beast Wars #1 (Dreamwave/unpublished)
    *Transformers #80 (Marvel US, 1991)

And for a peak at the unpublished Age Of Wrath issues, there are sample pages here from what would have been #4.

Damn, I just saw the routine for the Peter Cullen Autograph session... and to say it is longwinded and over-complicated is an understatement.

He will only be signing 125 things, and those 125 people will be randomly drawn from pre-registered attendees and any walk-in guest who purchases an entry before 11am Saturday.

The list will be announced around midday, for the 1.30 autograph session.

But it doesn't end there...
    If you are on the list, you have to get your ticket from the info booth during those 90 minutes (if you aren't already attending other things like panels).
    You have to have your SINGLE item ready to sign the moment it is your turn, and be as quick as possible.
    You can have your photo taken by someone while you are at the table, but won't be able to pose with Peter Cullen.
    Sheesh... I wonder if they will have police guards and attack dogs there to drag off people who don't follow the rules.

As much as I'd love to get another chance at seeing Peter Cullen (I wouldn't have anything to sign though, as I don't care much for autographs), this is one occasion that I think it is "fairer" for those who are dedicated fans to be the ones spending hours queuing up for an autograph and get one, than have this lottery system, which will see a large portion of winners not even show up or not be too fussed about Peter Cullen (from the pre-registrants who are automatically in the draw).
    If I end up getting drawn as a winner, I'd feel a bit guilty about it, because I'd either be too busy in a panel to use it, or would be preventing a die-hard Cullen fan from using it (because it isn't transferable).
    It reminds me of the stuff-up of 2007, that saw earlybird pre-registrants get on the Hasbro tour, regardless of if they were interested (parents, dealers, relatives etc), leaving others behind who were more keen to go.
    So somehow FunPub have managed to create a limited-access (feature) event that gets wasted on the wrong people - instead of going to the people who were drawn in to sign up for that featured event.

The updated schedule for BotCon this year, for anyone interested.

And an announcement of a script reading sequel to 2008's "Bee in the City" (an Animated story).