Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First FOC game DLC pack available

Default First FOC game DLC pack available

With the release of the new game today (here and in America), both Xbox and PS3 have released a DLC pack, called "Multiplayer Havoc pack". (it is suggested that the PC has this as well, but I'm not sure how to access it, or acquire it)

It unlocks four Gen1 characters for Multiplayer use & customisation (Wheeljack, Ultra Magnus, Perceptor, Blast Off), for US$10 on PS3 or 800 points on Xbox.

Also, for Xbox users, there is an additional Avatar pack, which can allow you to "dress up" your characters with clothing(?) which is described as "costumes" and "t-shirts". Plus, it includes the ability to add a "pet" Laserbeak or (baby) Grimlock.
    Not sure if this will be released for PS3 as well yet.

The link above shows the alt-modes of each of those four - two of which we haven't seen yet - as well as showing off the pet Grimlock.

Steam is certainly offering the Multiplayer pack so it is out on PC too.

Note how the Ultra Magnus looks more Gen1, than just a redeco of the FOC Optimus toy (which is what Hasbro will release next year - a lazy redeco, that now doesn't look anything like the in-game version)

Probably best not to read the comments in that TFW news topic, as it gets pretty heated/vulgar... over being charged $10 on release-day for minimal content that is probably already on the disc. A disc people have already paid for, so if it is true, they can't access its entire content without being made to pay more - kinda like having it on layby. Some are saying it is NOT on the disc, but either way, something as minor as this should have been content you unlock by playing the game or gaining a particular trophy. WFC DLC packs included maps and Escalation characters. This is just body parts for building custom Multiplayer avatars.
    We expect at least 2 DLC packs down the road to keep the revenue coming to Highmoon/Activision for this one game, but to have it on the same day people are buying the game itself is a bit greedy.

The other criticism is having the DLC pack released on day 1, instead of a week or two later to "freshen up" the game, after the initial surge of interest is starting to come down.

Wtf?? Releasing DLC the after day the game comes out?? Why not just include it in the game?? Oh that's right, then you can't charge any extra for it!!

A friend of mine has a saying: "You know, in my day, DLC packs were free. And they were called patches."
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

just got my copy for 360

add me, people: springah2501

also - hi! long time no see

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Note how the Ultra Magnus looks more Gen1, than just a redeco of the FOC Optimus toy (which is what Hasbro will release next year - a lazy redeco, that now doesn't look anything like the in-game version)
    It is very easy to become dishearten with Hasbro's handling of the TF line these days. They seemed to be caring even less and less with a recent steep decline.

On the other hand, other aspects of the brand have drastically improved like comics and other media like this game so it's not all bad.

Ten dollars for four characters?

I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    A friend of mine has a saying: "You know, in my day, DLC packs were free. And they were called patches."
    QFT
    Unfortunately, this is what the console market has done to the entire gaming market, not even the PC space has been saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    QFT
    Unfortunately, this is what the console market has done to the entire gaming market, not even the PC space has been saved.
    Talks of next gen consoles already gonna be all online (to stop trading games and companys losing out on money). But if they are releasing dlc on first day for extra characters why should they be caring about losing a bit of money here and there they obviously have enough ways to make more, even if it is a joke