Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Transformers Animated Se3Ep12 "Endgame Part One" discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper
    to me this just isn't feeling like the first half of the end of a series, let alone such an epic series. Both previous 2-part season finales have been jam-packed just to get everything in, this one seems to be leaving a lot of plot points to tie up. I hope that's a good sign and not just indicative of a slightly disappointing end to what's been an otherwise fantastic season and/or series.
    Well, who knows how much notice the writers had about Season 3 being the last season. It's possible that they were continuing to seed the series with future plot developments to be concluded later, only to be told well after those episodes had been written (and production for them thus underway) that the series would be final and that they had to wrap things up.

Many other writers have suffered similar fates in the past such as David Wise, Simon Furman, Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio, which is why the ending of G1 (both cartoon and comics) seems rushed as well as the latter half of Beast Wars Season 3. I suspect that this might have been the case - if so, I can forgive the writers for not being able to wrap up all loose ends.

They should stick Jhiaxus in as a cameo Decepticon (even if just a background character or if his name's just mentioned in passing) as a reference too all the times Hasbro's axed stories prematurely.

Unhappy Scrubs is finishing too?

Possible, but even then they still wrapped it up despite having to rush and condense everything. It's hard to see the Animated crew leaving so much unfinished business after how it's been so far.
    All I'm saying is as a cynic I'd pretty much given up on any chance of Animated continuing, now it seems to me there's at least a small chance it could go on. As things stand it's all still rumors re the fate of Animated (put on hiatus or discontinued), we don't have any official word either way and with the production staff forbidden to comment none of the interviews I've read have offered any strong clues either way. On the one hand there's no more Team Charr "...in Season 3" (i.e. possibility for more appearances elsewhere), on the other there's "It''s been a great ride, thanks to everyone involved etc etc." I do seem to recall one of the interviews mentioning there 'hadn't been any changes to S3', but ultimately it's all conjecture based on interviews (with a lot of PR-style response mixed in to boot). It's entirely possible Hasbro are keeping their options open to see what the post-RotF market looks like (I would be but then I'm not a Hasbro executive).
    A man can dream yet.

Even a straight-to-DVD movie would be OK as long as it doesn't just stop & we get some more toys released post-RotF, even under the Universe banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper
    Possible, but even then they still wrapped it up despite having to rush and condense everything.
    'cept for the fate of G1 Megatron's Spark at the end of Beast Wars. They did animate a quick scene which showed the Maximals returning his Spark back to his body, but it was deleted. So to most viewers you'd think that G1 Megatron's Spark was still inside BW Megatron's body when they were returning to Cybertron!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Starscream should still be basically indestructible tho, shouldn't he?
    I think so, but he now has no more cloned bodies of his own in which to reside.
    He was left with an upper torso and arms. He could drag himself to the ship and make another.
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Although the wings do look more like Victory Saber's, I felt that the overall look was more like Ginrai/Apex Armor than anything else:

I think the fins on his for-arms add to that general look
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    'cept for the fate of G1 Megatron's Spark at the end of Beast Wars. They did animate a quick scene which showed the Maximals returning his Spark back to his body, but it was deleted. So to most viewers you'd think that G1 Megatron's Spark was still inside BW Megatron's body when they were returning to Cybertron!
    Yeah, that's kind of a whoops moment...Praise be for DVD special features eh?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yes!! I literally laughed out loud when I saw that! The use of protoforms to create new bodies was interesting to see. Now here's a question - are protoforms in Animated lifeless or are they imbued with Sparks but awaiting activation (i.e.: "unborn")? It seems that the protoforms on Earth's moon are lifeless - perhaps their sparks perished in the crash... but what about the protoform in Master Yoketron's Dojo or the chibi-protoform which became Sari? Hrmmmm...
    I think that they are lifeless and need somthing (Allspoark perhaps) to imbue the life. The one in Yoketron's Dojo didn't overewhelm yoketron, although I suspect that Yoketron would have a strong personality so that is unlikely anyway. As for Sair, maybe the she was a "special" protoform, some kind of hybrid experiment for example, or soething like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Linthart View Post
    anyone feeling a supreme class 'lugnut supreme'
    I was of thinking that it would be cool if we got an Omega Supreme that was like that big millenium falcon playeset toy that was aroun about Christmas (it was ~$200). Omega could transform, but in spaceship mode, you could open him up and put the activators in and use him as a play set. Now wth the prospect of getting an extra 3, I am not so keen on my idea...

So if Lugnut's face showed up on the Omega Lugnuts, why no Ratchet face on Supreme?

Nice episdoe in my opinion. Good to see Megatron working it nicely and some signs of maturity from Bumblebee (re: Arcee in the ship). Loking forward to part 2, but don't wanna see the end of the series. Not with so much Animated love as it is....

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy
    So if Lugnut's face showed up on the Omega Lugnuts, why no Ratchet face on Supreme?
    Perhaps the Decepticons modified the programming/construction so that they would acquire a facsimile of the face of whomever they scanned?