Thread: Kreo Microchangers preview wave already out

Default Kreo Microchangers preview wave already out

The release date at SDCC was January 2013, but someone in America has apparently found some Kreo Microchangers (blind pack ones) at a comic shop.
    So what does this mean?
    Maybe the January date was for a general retail release and these are just a small "preview" wave... or maybe a small batch were released to a select area/stores, like a test market, to make adjustments before their big release in 5 months time.

Either way, the news posting link above shows us what the packets look like, and more importantly, that they were stamped with numbers that match the product numbers on the instructions/checklist sheet inside, to make it easier for us fans to know what we are looking for.
    (something I hope they keep doing)

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...-kreons/25372/

how to identify them.

Crankstart - A1010 (214510)
    Galvatron - A1008 (214518)
    Scorponok - A1011 (214511)
    Spinister - A1007 (214517)
    Sunstorm - A1009 (214519)
    Waspinator - A1012 (214512)

Maybe some were sent to retailers as samples and they decided to sell them before the embargo date? <shrugs>

So hook and the fith memebrs will be in wave 2, correct? Definetely gonna pick up Galvatron and Scorponok. (maybe sunstorm) Does anyone know what the prices are for the blindpack here in Australia. They will probably be like $10 like they are with lego minifigures. Well, better get some of the sets on clearance, may as well get prime and soundwave while theyre cheap. Also, does anyone know whos stocking the gestalts as i fear theyll be exclusives but probably not. in wave 2 definetely missing combiner members, they'll look great on my shelf. If only they released a Soundwave building set, I would finally get the nerve to buy a set. Lego still kills by a mile. I'm limited on cash, so its either masterpiece prime (just have enough), or heaps of kreons and deluxe figures for classicsverse. Op is a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I'm unsure. I suppose i can just ask for a haul of kreons for christmas, all we need is autobot city and a black prime to go with it. (not being racist)
    EDIT: just noticed if you take off Galvatron's chestplate its got a G1 style torso design. YES!

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    So hook and the fith memebrs will be in wave 2, correct? Definetely gonna pick up Galvatron and Scorponok. (maybe sunstorm) Does anyone know what the prices are for the blindpack here in Australia. They will probably be like $10 like they are with lego minifigures. Well, better get some of the sets on clearance, may as well get prime and soundwave while theyre cheap. Also, does anyone know whos stocking the gestalts as i fear theyll be exclusives but probably not. in wave 2 definetely missing combiner members, they'll look great on my shelf. If only they released a Soundwave building set, I would finally get the nerve to buy a set. Lego still kills by a mile. I'm limited on cash, so its either masterpiece prime (just have enough), or heaps of kreons and deluxe figures for classicsverse. Op is a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I'm unsure. I suppose i can just ask for a haul of kreons for christmas, all we need is autobot city and a black prime to go with it. (not being racist)
    EDIT: just noticed if you take off Galvatron's chestplate its got a G1 style torso design. YES!
    arnt the lego mini fiigs $4.95?

The box in the Seibertron pictures explains it - they are a "preview" wave, before the full series are released in January.
    Strange though, that these weren't noticed in Previews by anyone on the global fansites (as these are showing up at comic shops instead of retail stores).
    I wonder if they will show up in our comic stores as well if they were from Previews/Diamond... or maybe Hasbro in American just sent them directly to specific comic stores.

Strange that they are all Decepticons in this preview series.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Strange that they are all Decepticons in this preview series.
    Maybe to even out all the Autobot kreons from the build sets?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Damned View Post
    arnt the lego mini fiigs $4.95?
    Not where I live. They're about 7.99.

Now they are hitting regular retail, with a sighting at a Walmart for $2.79 (plus tax).
    Improves the chances of seeing them at our stores here, now that they aren't just being found in comic shops.

(I also wanted to make sure it was noted that the earlier spelling of "Scorponox" was actually a typo on the Hasbro display... it actually is the real Gen1 spelling)

Some nice clear photos of the preview wave here.

They certainly look better as just robot modes... so the "conversion" gimmick just hurts them, as the non-convertible ones you get in the box-sets look a lot nicer.