Thread: No internet - completely cut-off

Default No internet - completely cut-off

Who cares about their internet? - I think the more important thing is the protection of the Ancient Egyptian antiquities that The World has a vested interest in!
    The museum in Cairo has already been ransacked and Mummies have been bare-headed... I truly hope that Ra purges the Egyptian populace of the perpetrators of such disgraceful acts with the full might of the Aten!!!

Oh how I wish I had 'God Mode' and a Samurai Sword!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Who cares about their internet? - I think the more important thing is the protection of the Ancient Egyptian antiquities that The World has a vested interest in!
    The museum in Cairo has already been ransacked and Mummies have been bare-headed... I truly hope that Ra purges the Egyptian populace of the perpetrators of such disgraceful acts with the full might of the Aten!!!

Oh how I wish I had 'God Mode' and a Samurai Sword!
    Yeah that is my big fear, the looting. I hope the army who are supposebly supporting the protesters for the sake of Egypt's future are also guarding the museums from the looters not just for the tourism industry but for the sake of preserving human history. The future of Egypt is indeed in it's past.

Another fear is that they get some nut job fundamentalist group in power and they systematically begin to destroy ancient monuments that have stood for milenia "to prevent people from worshiping them" like those disgusting POS Taliban morons did in Afghanistan. However I doubt the latter would happen as tourism is too important to Egypt's capital and something that all religious extremists love more than God himself is money and power.

oh well... now Egypt has more time on their hands as opposed to sitting on their bottoms in front of a box.

In a way, good on them!

I actually feel sorry for Egypt.

When I went over there last year I saw how much potential they have with their historic treasures, monuments and people. Unfortunately years of neglect has resulted in many sites being mismanaged.

Hopefully the situation rectifies itself, as I would really love to go back there in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by optimus1 View Post
    I actually feel sorry for Egypt.

When I went over there last year I saw how much potential they have with their historic treasures, monuments and people. Unfortunately years of neglect has resulted in many sites being mismanaged.

Hopefully the situation rectifies itself, as I would really love to go back there in the near future.
    I envy you so much dude, as I've wanted to visit Egypt since I was about 14 years old.
    This is why I'm so concerned as to the present and future state of Egypt once this transition period has run it's coarse.

I've no issues with the Islamic people who have called Egypt home for the past 500-600 years, my issues lie with the lack of policing and protection these jewels of antiquity are receiving and with the rather more fundamentalist beliefs of certain groups of Muslims, as Kup points out, that lead them to destroy anything that isn't deemed Islamic.

I'm truly frightened for the safety of the remnants of the first Nation-State in Human History, I really hope that the succeeding Government that follows the present one will truly be a democratic one of the people and that the Majority opinion of the Egyptian people will be that of the embracing of that which has come before them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I envy you so much dude, as I've wanted to visit Egypt since I was about 14 years old.
    This is why I'm so concerned as to the present and future state of Egypt once this transition period has run it's coarse.

I've no issues with the Islamic people who have called Egypt home for the past 500-600 years, my issues lie with the lack of policing and protection these jewels of antiquity are receiving and with the rather more fundamentalist beliefs of certain groups of Muslims, as Kup points out, that lead them to destroy anything that isn't deemed Islamic.

I'm truly frightened for the safety of the remnants of the first Nation-State in Human History, I really hope that the succeeding Government that follows the present one will truly be a democratic one of the people and that the Majority opinion of the Egyptian people will be that of the embracing of that which has come before them.
    You should go there if you get the chance, everything is cheap (to our standards), only big expenses are the flights and I highly advise to go on a tour unless you know a local. A few words in Arabic will go a long way as well

These disturbances are sad because I was happy to see a surprising number of Christian Churches next to a Islamic Mosques.

Its a coincidence that I was there last February. What a difference a year makes

I read that most of the people are not keen to let the religious fundamentalists get in power anyway, as the religious tolerance level there is quite good (e.g. Christians and Muslims in the neighbourhood watching out for each other during this time).

Hopefully the government formed will be secular without leanings and bias toward any religion (whilst still allowing freedom for people to believe / practise as they wish).