View Poll Results: TR Topspin - worth getting?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • This all kinds of cool! Hells yeah!

22 91.67%
  • Only if cheap

0 0%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

1 4.17%
  • For some reason I don't care for this figure

1 4.17%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - TR Topspin with Freezeout

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    What an impressive toy. I'm looking forward to the release of Twin Twist (cause I've always found Topspin's brother to be the better of the two).

By the way the FOC Topspin is atrocious due to the fact it's just a repainted Blast Off.
    TBH, I thought the FoC Combaticons were terrible... but I can't bash them too much, since they we're probably created as a dry-run before Hasbro/Takara got serious about starting Combiner Wars..

The plastic quality on this fig really impressed me. Judging from the photos it looked a bit cheap. All the parts pegged together so well in alt mode. My fav part has to be the one of the smallest details - that unlike many figs in the past 4-5 years, the inside/underside of his forearms don't look like the underside of a Lego brick. Having both the elbow and fist tucked into the forearm cavity is just tidy transforming.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Now that TT have these two up for order, I am unsure as to whether or not I bite. I thought I'd be all over them, but looking at their webpage, I just really didn't feel it for either of these two. I kind of feel like I'd only want them at cheap prices, if I seee them.

Am I missing out? (also, they cost 4000Y full price)

I personally feel that the Hasbro versions have the more interesting paint jobs. Those I have. I'd only recommend the Takara versions if you were keen for the target masters that they come with. especially given the cost of acquisition.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

To me TakaraTOMY have nicer colours and sometimes retools. But not ¥4000 nice.

Got this guy purely out of completion factor, not expecting to like him as much as I did - as stated a few times above, the transformation is really cool