Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Walmart Gen1 reissues - Hotrod, Starscream, Devastator, Minibots

I had no idea they were already being released, figured it was a 'coming some time soon' type thing haha.

Wonder how the Devastator compares to the KO G1 ones.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanNZ View Post
    I had no idea they were already being released, figured it was a 'coming some time soon' type thing haha.

Wonder how the Devastator compares to the KO G1 ones.
    Welcome.

The G1 Devastator mould is degrading. With every reissue the mould is getting worse. I have both Encore 20 and Encore 20A, both of which have issues with combining. This release will likely have more issues than the Encore releases.

As for comparisons to KOs we keep KO and Third Party discussion to their respective areas of the boards.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    The G1 Devastator mould is degrading. With every reissue the mould is getting worse. I have both Encore 20 and Encore 20A, both of which have issues with combining. This release will likely have more issues than the Encore releases.
    But... But... Constructicons are masters of construction...

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    As long as you're talking about toddler age level then yes. But here's the downside; G1 has always had durability issues compared to the advancements first introduced in the late 90's (see BW).
    I'm not sure I agree...

I mean if you're talking breakages, sure, maybe?

However with BW, kids were always (and still are) accidentally popping off those ball jointed limbs and leaving them "broken" on the floor.

More official images of the reissues have surfaced, and the price for Devastator in the US (US$75).
    (note the two Constructicons with really bad legs)

And this could be what the minibots will look like in packaging - if true, it is very retro like the other reissues coming in boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    And this could be what the minibots will look like in packaging - if true, it is very retro like the other reissues coming in boxes.
    It seems the packaging of this reissue is based on the later Hasbro carded variation. I prefer earlier carded variants where the figure is in alt-mode so that it doesn't obstruct the card art. This figure itself has the paint apps of the Encore version.

Alas, sold out at RK. If anyone has spares of these to sell, I'll take'em.
    Last edited by High_Q; 19th July 2018 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Added url to another thread
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!

The SDCC display confirms that the minibots are on vintage styled backing cards.

Man, minibots are really tempting, even if just Bumblebee, to keep sealed. Devastator is a bit of a big purchase, but hopefully we get more down the line.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Pre orders up on Walmart online. Got all the minibots except Swerve which hasn't gone up yet. BB and Outback already sold out.

The Minibots have shown up at Walmart in Canada, for about AU$12 each... which probably isn't too bad for today's dollars.