View Poll Results: DotM Deluxe Ratchet - worth buying?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 42.86%
  • Only if cheap

1 14.29%
  • Only if (something else)

1 14.29%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not interested

2 28.57%

Thread: Toy Review - DotM Deluxe Autobot Ratchet

Default Toy Review - DotM Deluxe Autobot Ratchet

Toy Review - DotM Deluxe Autobot Ratchet

(Please post photos, comments or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details)

Toy Review - Autobot Ratchet
    Series - Dark of the Moon
    Sub-line - Mechtech
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 1
    Released here - May 2011
    Approximate Retail Price - $25-30
    Approximate Size - 14cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Offroad Rescue Vehicle
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Convertable Mechtech weapon
    Main Colours - Green, white, black
    Main Accessories - Mechtech weapon

Decepticon Guest

I would not normally buy another deluxe ratchet as I already have one. But I like this one as he has no legs hanging out underneath in vehicle mode.

I know it's a new mold but I already have the previous Voyager and Deluxe releases and the justification is kinda difficult, so I'd only pick this one up if it was cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    But I like this one as he has no legs hanging out underneath in vehicle mode.
    A good reason to buy this one if you don't have the ROTF or AA one, but I still think that if I buy this Ratchet mold I'd get the Red and White repaint coming out in a later wave, so I vote "Not Interested".

Can't justify it. Already have a voyager Ratchet so don't need the deluxe version

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I still think that if I buy this Ratchet mold I'd get the Red and White repaint coming out in a later wave, so I vote "Not Interested".
    Hmm... true - I forgot about that inevitable redeco.

Might be worthwhile holding off for that one.

Not too bad. A bit fiddly at the back end, and the legs don't straighten as much as I'd like. Since the Voyager version wasn't too hard to transform, this one isn't much easier... or needed to be.

The rotating front was interesting, and took a moment to figure out. Bit too much backpack kibble... and I'm not a fan of the Mechtech weapons.
    Still, a recommended figure, especially if you don't have the Voyager version.

I just don't understand why they don't just save themselves R&D money and just downsize/upsize the one mould into the different size classes (like they did with Energon Megatron)... after all, the majority of Hasbro's customers wouldn't see or care about the difference in designs, but would instead be deciding on a version of character based on their budget. Added gimmicks like electronics might play a part, but the limited electronics Hasbro puts into their TFs, it wouldn't convince anyone to spend an extra $20 on a larger sized figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    A good reason to buy this one if you don't have the ROTF or AA one, but I still think that if I buy this Ratchet mold I'd get the Red and White repaint coming out in a later wave, so I vote "Not Interested".
    I now think the White repaint, coming even later than the Red repaint, looks superior, so I'll hold out to get that (if any).