Page 138 of 183 FirstFirst ... 118128133134135136137138139140141142143148158 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1830

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

FatalityPitt Guest

Diaclone/G1 Ironhide is my favourite toy of the character, personally. I guess I like it because of it's historical significance. I also like the feature where the back of the van turns into a mobile-repair-bay/turret, there's a "play set/mobile base" feel about it. MP Ironhide is great and I see what they're going for, but for me, this is the 'real' Ironhide.

If any 'Geewun' fan bashes the G1 Ironhide mold, they've just proven themselves to be noobs.

Some people that like Pre G1 & G1 like it, some dont. What do they say? Deal with it?

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    If any 'Geewun' fan bashes the G1 Ironhide mold, they've just proven themselves to be noobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Some people that like Pre G1 & G1 like it, some dont. What do they say? Deal with it?
    Gotta admit, I'm not keen on the robot/base mode. I keep my G1 Ironhide and Ratchet in their vehicle modes personally.

Given I was watching the first time the cartoon aired in Aus in 84' and I now have 2000+ figures, I think maybe I'm a bit beyond being classified as a 'noob' these days

FatalityPitt Guest

I was agreeing with the person before me, but you're right, I could have gone about it more diplomatically.

However, the noobs I was referring to were the ones who claim to know everything there is to know about Transformers but look at G1 Ironhide (or any of the earliest G1 toys) and laugh at it, and say things like "What a lame design. I can't believe it got approved. I pity the fool who paid money for it.".. If I could, I'd remind them that if that lame design hadn't been approved; that MP Ironhide sitting on their shelf (the one with the pretty mowhawk-shaped helmet) wouldn't exist. Also, they should know that Diaclones weren't sentient robots in the first place.

Reminds me the time I met a TF fan in the action figure aisle at Kmart and he told me that he recently got ripped off by an eBay seller because he went to purchase a G1 Rumble but he was sent the "wrong" toy because it was the black and red robot. I then explained to him about the whole FIRRIB thing blah blah blah, which he did not know... and he realised that he needed to retract the negative feedback & comment that he'd left for the seller.

How is that even possible?
    Regardless of your stance on the whole RIWHATEVER topic, wasnt there a photo at least? One they could have looked at & seen what they were buying before committing ?

The fact is that it is RIRFIB in the G1 toys. If you're a die-hard FIRRIBist and you want your toys to conform to the cartoon standard, then you're gonna need to basically repurpose Rumble as Frenzy and Frenzy as Rumble. So if you're looking for the blue Cassette robot to repurpose as Rumble, then you're gonna need to get the G1 Frenzy toy. As a private owner you can call G1 Frenzy Rumble, Frenzy or Shirley... it's entirely up to you. But as far as searching for the toy under its official name, then yeah, it'd be Frenzy. This guy must've been asleep during the 80s to not notice this.

Oh, I get of all of that, but it still doesn't explain how he cocked it up.

Most, if not all eBay listings have photos.
    If it was a private listing he still would have had access to photos and/or even asked, hey, Mr. eBay seller, just so that we're on the same page, what colour is the cassette I'm buying?

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Oh, I get of all of that, but it still doesn't explain how he cocked it up.

Most, if not all eBay listings have photos.
    If it was a private listing he still would have had access to photos and/or even asked, hey, Mr. eBay seller, just so that we're on the same page, what colour is the cassette I'm buying?
    I agree, I seriously not sure what he was thinking.

My take on g1 is just two sides

G1 toy accurate
    G1 toon accurate

Toys today should be g1 toon accurate as they could not do so back then.
    I understand the split but just go with what you like.

Jetfire for example, I totally disagree it should look like a g1 toy when it's not what it is in the toon. Hence ft Phoenix won my vote.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Reminds me the time I met a TF fan in the action figure aisle at Kmart and he told me that he recently got ripped off by an eBay seller because he went to purchase a G1 Rumble but he was sent the "wrong" toy because it was the black and red robot. I then explained to him about the whole FIRRIB thing blah blah blah, which he did not know... and he realised that he needed to retract the negative feedback & comment that he'd left for the seller.
    Tsk tsk. If he can buy G1 Rumble off eBay, he can google "G1 Rumble Toy". Also, if he searched for G1 Rumble on ebay, surely all the listed items would have a picture of a red and black robot.