Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 40% off GI Joe at Target this week

Default 40% off GI Joe at Target this week

Time to stock up guys - joes are 40% off this week. That means:

Target Exc. vehicle/figures - $24
    Figures - $10.70
    Gunship/APV - $36
    Large fighter jet - $56

So glad I held off when they had their 30% off sale.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

If someone in Perth finds a Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes (is it even out here yet?) plz pick it up!

So that means the next sale should be 50% off.

Either way nice discount, all these sales are pushing what was meant to be a small collection up to a decent sized one.

I wish Target would restock though, the ones round here are pretty much limited to wave one that EVERY store has, and all the more interesting or latter wave figures are gone.

Still perhaps I will get that lesser wave one Baroness.

haha they're clearing the shelves again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    So that means the next sale should be 50% off.

Either way nice discount, all these sales are pushing what was meant to be a small collection up to a decent sized one.

I wish Target would restock though, the ones round here are pretty much limited to wave one that EVERY store has, and all the more interesting or latter wave figures are gone.

Still perhaps I will get that lesser wave one Baroness.

Well, with the sale, I got the Steel Crusher (highly recommended), Snake Eyes/Arashikage Bike, Destro and the all the viper troops except Elite which with the exception of the Steel Crusher I never had any intention of doing so. Still thinking about the Cobra Gunship but the Steel Crusher already takes up considerable space on display so I'm hestitant. Which figures you looking for Z? If you're are thinking of attending the meet next week, I could grab them for ya and you can pay me back then.
    Last edited by Fungal Infection; 26th September 2009 at 09:56 AM.

The Steel Crusher is pretty good, admitedly I payed $40 for it last sale, its not worth $60 though.

I went today, pretty much every action figure movie tie in line is 40% off. I'm sure some of these movie toys would sell better if every store didn't have the same limited stock.

I bought a few figures I wouldn't pay ful price for though Destro, Baroness, and Desert Duke. Still can't bring myself to buy anymore vehicles though. The Bravo ones have sold out locally, but there sure are a lot of Target Exclusives and Night Ravens on the shelves.

I can't make it to the meet next week. And the only 40%off figures I'm really after is the Elite Viper (which I've never seen on the shelf here) and maybe Lt Stone.

At least until they decide to release Paris Pursuit Baroness, Dr Lewis, kamakura etc etc.

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

MEH, my target sold out of all Bravos and the last exclusive SE got sold before I could get to it. I just ended up buying some Neo Vipers to build up my army. Pretty sad really...

Quote Originally Posted by foor View Post
    MEH, my target sold out of all Bravos and the last exclusive SE got sold before I could get to it. I just ended up buying some Neo Vipers to build up my army. Pretty sad really...
    Not if it means they actualy replenish thier stock with new waves.

Here's hoping.

PS: I too was tempted to buy more Neo Vipers, but so far I stopped myself figuring I'll end up with some repaints sooner or later.

Well, picked up the gunship today after realising it came with a poor-man's Firefly. Not bad for $36. I've pretty much gotten everything I'd need from the Aust. released stuff bar the Elite Viper (which I have yet to see anywhere). But the Night Raven at $56 is mighty tempting. I've noticed that the figure release is very sporadic when it comes to certain waves. Like the Snake Eyes Paris Pursuit wave I have only seen at K-marts and the RA Heavy Duty wave I've only seen at Targets. Anyone else notice this?

I'm waiting for next years Firefly update, Comic pack 25th is my favourte for now

And yeah the sporadic stocking of Gi Joes has been a frustration since the line appeared some 3 months ago now. Collection one wave 2 (Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes wave) has also shown up at Uncle Pete's and just recently Toy's r Us. All 4 waves, Collection 1 wave one and 2 and collection 2 wave 1 and 2 should have come out at about the same time, However most stores seem to primarily stock wave 1 collection 1. it's no wonder that wave shelf warms as every store has them. While the other waves are harder to find and sell out quicker. I haven't seen Cover Girl or Lt Stone for ages now.

It's sorta the same with the Wolverine movie line, from time to time new figures have appeared, but they quickly vanish. While wave one sits on the shelf forever.

Although there's a pic on the card of Elite Viper I think he was pushed back a wave by Hasbro last minute.