Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TF4 & TF5 to be filmed at the same time?

Default TF4 & TF5 to be filmed at the same time?

To separate this from the topic discussing Bay's return to the movie series, this is dealing with the news that the next two movies may well be filmed at the same time (it saves money, and can improve the odds of having a story that flows better between the two movies).

A quick recap, in case you missed the update posts in the several pages of discussion...
    Hasbro talks about wanting a new direction with the robot cast, due to poor sales of toys that were just the same characters for the last 5 years.
    Michael Bay and Peter Cullen are both back for TF4.

And for this topic, one of the recurring actors in the TFs movies has claimed that they could be filming TF5 "hot on the heels of" TF4... and it begins in December.
    (the early filming date would fit with a claim of two movies being filmed and then edited at once, as December would be 6 months too early for a July 2014 release - TF3 was filmed July to October 2010)

Best known movie franchises that have had two movies filmed at the same time are Back to the Future (2&3) and Matrix (2&3). A good idea?
    What do you think?

And if Michael Bay keeps his promise this time that he will only do TF4, how well do you think it will work to have a second director taking over "halfway" through the project?
    (I don't think he'll give up the reigns once he gets invested into the extended project)

And for something odd... one lucky American will win the chance to be on set with Michael Bay, and get a million dollars. The competition is to film a Doritos commercial for the Superbowl (American Football final), which in itself is a great prize, as it would gain exposure to millions of people, and probably several advertising companies.

Oh so the comp will pay the winner 1 Mill to spend a day with Bay

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Best known movie franchises that have had two movies filmed at the same time are Back to the Future (2&3) and Matrix (2&3). A good idea?
    What do you think?
    If Bay couldn't cope with the pressures of a writers strike during ROTF, how does he expect to pull-off filming two movies at once??!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Decepticon Guest

Great. Another Bay bash thread. Give the guy a break

I don't think anyone is bashing Michael Bay, the question was do you think that filming back-to-back movies is a good idea. My comment was based around Michael Bay's own admittance that ROTF was negatively impacted by the writers strike.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

What do you think?
    It's a bit hard to compare TF4/TF5 to those sequels because those great classics were written and directed by the same guys. Both franchises were also allowed more time to film the two movies (about 3 years?).

And if Michael Bay keeps his promise this time that he will only do TF4, how well do you think it will work to have a second director taking over "halfway" through the project?
    The first move that comes to mind that was put together by multiple directors (of varying degrees of talent) was 'The Wolfman'. But two movies/two directors, and one close timeline could work. Interested in seeing who gets the second job (PLEASE get Christopher Nolan)

(I don't think he'll give up the reigns once he gets invested into the extended project)
    His justification for signing back on with TF4 was that basically its very hard to let go - as opposed to saying something about a passion for the TF-universe (which would have been a more attractive, or at least, politically accurate answer) - and then speculating that that's the same justification for James Cameron and Peter Jackson's sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by HuffingtonPost.com
    Why do you want to do it? I was under the impression that you were done after "Transformers 3"?
    I thought I was done. Then the ride came out [at Universal Studios Hollywood] and the two-and-a-half-hour lines. And then you're thinking, Oh my God, someone's going to take this over. And you start doing a lot of soul-searching. Like, OK, I'm about to do a little movie, "Pain & Gain" ... and the studio says they want to restart the franchise. And someone could come in here and screw it up, you know? So I'm thinking that if I do this last one, we set it on a new footing, we change a lot of things -- but we keep the history of the three in place. But we broaden it so it can be set up and be carried on -- it would have a better chance for survival, I guess. You know?

Right.
    So it was just one of those things. It's like, when you look what's going on in the film business with the franchise frenzy right now, why is Cameron doing two more "Avatar" movies? Why is Peter Jackson doing three more "Hobbit" movies that are in the same world as "Lord of the Rings"? When you have a franchise, it's very hard to give it up.

Yeah why not? It's not as if the movies are supposed to make narrative sense.

What's the chances of him doing an alternate ending to DOTM where everything happens exactly as it originally did but with one small change that would make TF4&5 so much better and toy sales would go up for them too. Okay so what's the little change? Well how about Soundwave shoots Bumblebee first and Que/Wheeljack survives. I'd watch that, over and over and over. Imagine the new direction TF4 could go in WITH NO BUMBLEBEE!

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    What's the chances of him doing an alternate ending to DOTM where everything happens exactly as it originally did but with one small change that would make TF4&5 so much better and toy sales would go up for them too. Okay so what's the little change? Well how about Soundwave shoots Bumblebee first and Que/Wheeljack survives. I'd watch that, over and over and over. Imagine the new direction TF4 could go in WITH NO BUMBLEBEE!
    I hope this too. Well, mainly that BB dies and with no dignity mind you!