Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese release of POTP toys from May 2018

Default Japanese release of POTP toys from May 2018

Not sure how much stock to put in this as TT normally don't use the same branding on CHUG as Hasbro, but apparently TT is releasing Power of the Primes in May.

PP-01 Micronus, 800 Yen
    PP-02 Liege Maximo, 800 Yen
    PP-03 Vector Prime, 800 Yen
    PP-04 Dinobot Slash, 1500 Yen
    PP-05 Wind Charger, 1500 Yen
    PP-06 Beach comber, 1500 Yen
    PP-07 Autobot Jazz, 2800 Yen
    PP-08 Rodimus Prime, 7000 Yen
    PP-09 Optimus Prime, 7000 Yen
    http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/12/01/r...-series-354551

Default JP release of POTP toys in May 2018

For those who wait to see how TakaraTomy alter or improve the Hasbro Generations toys, the Japanese versions of the Power of the Primes toys will start coming out from May 2018 - a six month delay from the global release of Hasbro's versions.
    But we might have to wait a few more months to find out if the Japanese versions are different in any way, or just a straight release of the Hasbro versions (like they did with the Movie toys).

The first assortment in that month has nine toys, from wave 1 of Hasbro's toys...

• PP-01 Micronus, 800 Yen (Prime-Master)
    • PP-02 Liege Maximo, 800 Yen (Prime-Master)
    • PP-03 Vector Prime, 800 Yen (Prime-Master)
    • PP-04 Dinobot Slash, 1500 Yen (Legends)
    • PP-05 Wind Charger, 1500 Yen (Legends)
    • PP-06 Beach comber, 1500 Yen (Legends)
    • PP-07 Autobot Jazz, 2800 Yen (Deluxe)
    • PP-08 Rodimus Prime, 7000 Yen (Leader)
    • PP-09 Optimus Prime, 7000 Yen (Leader)
    Interestingly, there are no Voyagers in the first month in Japan, and only one Deluxe... but we might expect that the ones that are part of a POTP combiner team (Dinobots, Terrorcons, Fembots), will be released with the Deluxe and Legends toys of that team.

Yep, I'm expecting the combiner teams to get similar releases to Unite Warriors, which is why I'll be holding off from getting the Hasbro releases.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    Yep, I'm expecting the combiner teams to get similar releases to Unite Warriors, which is why I'll be holding off from getting the Hasbro releases.
    Hope they just continue the UW series

Yeah posted this the other day in the rumours thread. I'm not going to be entirely convinced this is accurate until we see something out of Takara. They normally, but not 100% of the time, go with a different name than Hasbro for their lines so using POTP seems a little unlikely, though not impossible. Transformers Prime and the Takara Generations lines are the only ones in recent years I can think of that are the same as name as the Hasbro line.

Also if they were continuing UW wouldn't Jazz be part of a set? I thought he was a combiner also.

Being so early these might just be Hasbro images as stand ins, which they've done before. It even looks like Jazz still has the Trump slogan on the side.
    There is still a chance that the decos might change for the JP release... but it is odd for them to not have it in their Legends line as there will be similar toys and redecos from CW and TR.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Yeah posted this the other day
    Sorry... I forgot about your post until later in the day and then forgot to fix it up when I got home.
    I'll fix it tonight.

bowspearer Guest

I don't think these are stand ins. Something caught my eye with the photos for Micronus alt mode.

This is the Hasbro stock image:

http://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/u...oudburst-3.jpg

And this is the Japanese stock image:
    http://hobby.dengeki.com/ss/hobby/up...79-440x330.jpg

Note that the Hasbro version is a light jade colour while the Takara version is more of an aluminum.

It's possible this is just a lighting angle thing, but it does suggest that we are seeing the real deal.
    Last edited by griffin; 8th December 2017 at 05:56 PM. Reason: hotlinking prohibited

^Hasbro image is a CG render, Takara image is an actual physical item. There is quite often a difference between Hasbro's CG and Hasbro's finished product.

Also please don't deep link to TFW or any other site that's not a image host like imgur.

Fixed now... the two topics/posts are merged.