View Poll Results: Masterpiece Dirge - worth getting?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • And finish off all the Seekers? Hells yeah!

13 72.22%
  • Only if WAY cheaper than he is now

1 5.56%
  • Only if...

2 11.11%
  • Na

2 11.11%
  • Dirge is the swansong of this mold

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - MP 11-ND Dirge

I quite like Dirge, much more so than the rest of the Seekers.

There's nothing wrong with the toy per se - I quite like it too. It's just not $200+ awesome.

I should probably stop saying this stuff until after Voldemort Collectables delivers mine and I've had a chance to sell it off Then again... this thread will probably be quite old and buried away by the time that happens... if it ever happens

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the toy per se - I quite like it too. It's just not $200+ awesome.

I should probably stop saying this stuff until after Voldemort Collectables delivers mine and I've had a chance to sell it off Then again... this thread will probably be quite old and buried away by the time that happens... if it ever happens
    Well for me honestly most MPs are not worth its value. We probably will derail the thread. After buying several 3p bots the quality is by far a lot better.

I like dirge based on colour and overall how things hang together.
    The face sculpt is definitely one of the plus for me.

For me though, I don't find the Ko or 3p nailed any of the seekers. And is a shame.

One thing I did noticed was the grey plastic on the reissue Starscream looks a lot better than previous versions. Less swirl marks.

I haven't transformed mine yet...
    I think the profile and shape of the wings on Dirge and Ramjet in bot mode look nicer than Thrust, someone talked about Thrust seeming stocky.

As the last conehead, I think I am almost relieved to have it and this part over?? It is so strange. It is like one company has been making MP Ratchet, Ironhide, Inferno which are full of character, articulation, value and accessories. Then another company has made these 3 coneheads which are almost the opposite. Very expensive, almost half-finished in a way with the jet nosecone and back kibble, barely any accessories and no improvements I think to the old existing jet mould.

At some point down the track if Takara does all the jets again with a new better mould I would almost certainly get them haha.

In saying that however, I am happy that I have 3 official masterpiece versions of these very menacing and angry looking bots

Just got mine; thanks BBTS sale price (and I bit the bullet before the GST thing).

It should be obvious, but I _am_ a fan of the character... I didn't order Thrust or Ramjet.

I DO have the first version of the Seeker mould (I got Screamer, Thundercracker and Skywarp).

I love the heeltab addition to the mould... more than all the other changes. I'm not totally sold on the shape of the face - I do like the fact they've made the cone shape match the cartoon (the actual cone on the G1 toys was too high to look decent, IMO).

I've left the Ramjet bombs in the box. The basic guns aren't quite accurate but I feel they're closer to Dirge than the Hugh Jass Ramjet bombs.

Overall, I am very happy with this figure.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Like Dirge (as in member Dirge), I got mine via a last minute BBTS purchase. I’m happy enough with him. Not much to add on the review side that hasn’t been said of any of the other MP-11 variants.

I was a bit torn as to which way I would vote, because 3 apply for me - completed my seekers, but would have prefered it significantly cheaper considering it is surely the swansong of this mould.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!