Page 11 of 105 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162131 ... LastLast

Thread: The Price Check/What is it worth Thread

Ah ok some good tips there. I did win a loose one off ebay but the bidding was very dodgy so I havn't paid for it yet.

I was out bid with less than 30 seconds - so I increased my bit by a couple of $$.

I was outbid again in the final 10 seconds so sat there and watched the timer count down but in the last 2 seconds the bid that outbid me was retracted by the bidder for entering a wrong amount!

I Now await ebay to review but I dont think they are going to be much help....

Quote Originally Posted by Skull Cruncher View Post
    Ah ok some good tips there. I did win a loose one off ebay but the bidding was very dodgy so I havn't paid for it yet.

I was out bid with less than 30 seconds - so I increased my bit by a couple of $$.

I was outbid again in the final 10 seconds so sat there and watched the timer count down but in the last 2 seconds the bid that outbid me was retracted by the bidder for entering a wrong amount!

I Now await ebay to review but I dont think they are going to be much help....
    Have you checked the bids to see if the identity who retracted the bid often bids on that seller's auctions? It could be a dodgy shill bidder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Have you checked the bids to see if the identity who retracted the bid often bids on that seller's auctions? It could be a dodgy shill bidder.
    Yeah thats what I suspect - the 'other bidder' has a feedback of 1 but has quite a high number of retractions.... c'mon ebay support, not that im holding out much hope for them to do anything.

Yeah thats what I suspect - the 'other bidder' has a feedback of 1 but has quite a high number of retractions.... c'mon ebay support, not that im holding out much hope for them to do anything.
    Did you check the "bid (%) activity with this seller" and "30-Day bid history" sections to see if the bids (and retractions, I suppose) are on that seller's items? (You're right though, eBay are useless with scammers, even when there's deeply suspicious circumstances and mountains of evidence.)

I suppose you could just not pay. If you have a high enough number of feedbacks, 1 negative is not really going to make a dent (assuming negatives can still be given?).

Hi, what do you guys think the current going rate for a TM scourge complete in decent condition would be?
    Thanks!
    There's one on now. I thought it was US$199, but later realised its GBP199... sign. Anyway, here it is. I've spoken to this seller before, very nice guy. Didn't actually win his stuff though.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    There's one on now. I thought it was US$199, but later realised its GBP199... sign. Anyway, here it is. I've spoken to this seller before, very nice guy. Didn't actually win his stuff though.
    Yeah, that's approx. AU$345... seems about right.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Thanks everyone for their help and comments.

Ebay didn't find anything so I paid via paypal.

The price was still in my budget so overall im still happy. Now just waiting for him to arrive!

How much are Masterforce Pretenders Diver and Phoenix worth?

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    How much are Masterforce Pretenders Diver and Phoenix worth?
    Not too much. MIB and shipped you should be able to get them for about $100 each.