Thread: RiD app new update reveals new figures

Default RiD app new update reveals new figures

The RiD App updated again today, and as usual it's brought in some new characters, mostly new minicons. but there's also 1 or 2 interesting additions

Cyclone Minicons
    Lord Doomitron (Looks Like the Bludgeon Minicon in the Optimus battle pack
    Lord Doomitron - Weapon (This is the Minicon Weapon "Blu" we saw a while back.

A Recolour of Lord Doomitron that is mostly Orange with a green face (As if he wasn't goofy enough with a name like LORD DOOMITRON, now he looks like a Jack O Lantern

Torpedo Minicons
    Lancelon (A Golden Knight. a weapon)

Windstrike (The Blue Minicon who turns into a sword. not sure why she's labelled a torpedo since she turns into a sword and is an Autobot)

Sawtooth (A Blue Mantaray or Hammerhead shark like robot looks like a giant mouth with fins coming out the side and top. also has a long tail and arms and legs. probably turns into a pick axe based on it's shape. Again an Autobot Weapon who shows up on the Torpedo list.)

Dragonus - Weappon (A Blue version of Dragonus who turns into a weapon of some sort)

Weapon Minicons
    Tricerashot (An Orange Triceratops not sure what it turns into)

Legion Class
    GROUNDPOUNDER! (The Gorilla-like gladiator from the episode "The Champ") (Starter and Legion pictures)

I may have missed one or two new characters. and since I don't play this game I don't have the points to afford any of these new minicons or Groundpounder. so I can't get pics of their altmodes unfortunately.

but thought I should let those who are interested in the RID line (like me) know about some potential new figures to collect.

Hoping there's also a Warrior Groundpounder eventually, but happy he's getting a figure at all.

EDIT

Not sure if these are new or old but there are also some versions of the main Autobots I don't recognise.

Grimlock
    Hero - Stealthsaurus

Battlepack

Optimus
    One Step Evolved

Strongarm
    One Step Evolved

Battlepack

Bigger pic of the minicon's faces

EDIT: Added Pics
    Last edited by Firestorm; 17th January 2016 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Added Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    The RiD App updated again today, and as usual it's brought in some new characters, mostly new minicons. but there's also 1 or 2 interesting additions

I may have missed one or two new characters. and since I don't play this game I don't have the points to afford any of these new minicons or Groundpounder. so I can't get pics of their altmodes unfortunately.
    I have the points to unlock these, but the update hasn't shown up on my phone's notifications list yet.
    When it does, I'll post up the alt modes... if they aren't already posted on global fansites by then.
    We have scanning codes sheets here to stock up on points to unlock new characters if you wanted to play with some of them.

Not sure if these are new or old but there are also some versions of the main Autobots I don't recognise.

Grimlock
    Hero - Stealthsaurus
    Battlepack

Optimus
    One Step Evolved

Strongarm
    One Step Evolved
    The One-steps are indeed new, but the two Grimlocks were on the November update.

They could easily repaint/retool PCC Icepick into Groundpounder.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Still waiting for the update.

Are you on Apple Firestorm?
    If so, I wonder if the android version has been delayed to make sure it has no bugs this time.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Still waiting for the update.

Are you on Apple Firestorm?
    If so, I wonder if the android version has been delayed to make sure it has no bugs this time.
    Yeah, I'm using my iPhone.
    Strange it's taking so long to update the android version

The android update finally came through this evening... and a very small number of new additions, it only took about 600 ultra sparks to unlock them all.

I've been taking photos of them in both modes, which I might get posted up tomorrow (for those interested in what the upcoming toys might look like).

Finally got around to taking some snapshots of the latest update, which only had 8 new bots and 7 new Minicons... so not a lot of photos this time.

On the Game's character-select screen, "new" are completely new, while the ones with "!" on them have new versions added to existing characters.

On the Toy Checklist screen, we see the ones that are actual toys (which is all but the Starter Groundpounder from the Game screen).
    Since there weren't many new ones with this update I only took screenshots of the categories that had new ones added - and added the
    yellow logo to any that were on there before the latest update (to make the new ones stand out).

Screenshots of each of the new ones, in both modes in the game.
    - Starter versions are not toys, but appear to be based on the cartoon versions of the characters.
    - All new versions of existing characters look to just use past versions of their alt-modes... even if the colours don't match (One-step Blizzard Sideswipe and Evolved Strongarm).
    - I included an image of the regular One-Steps with the new Evolved versions, to show the difference with the robot modes (they use the same alt-mode though).