Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Transformer Trev's articles and reviews

Here is a random tip to help you package up your bots safely and lose weight at the same time! If you order Lite n Easy they come in big sturdy foam containers. Whilst you can leave the containers out the following week for collection, there is no cost if you keep them. Air them out then use them to pack away all your valuable bots. No need to worry about the bottoms of cardboard boxes falling out or damage if it is knocked as these things are tough.

Interesting stuff Trev, certainly don't envy having to make that move! Cheers for posting

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Here is a random tip to help you package up your bots safely and lose weight at the same time! If you order Lite n Easy they come in big sturdy foam containers. Whilst you can leave the containers out the following week for collection, there is no cost if you keep them. Air them out then use them to pack away all your valuable bots. No need to worry about the bottoms of cardboard boxes falling out or damage if it is knocked as these things are tough.
    Good tip!

Quote Originally Posted by lfpnrg View Post
    Interesting stuff Trev, certainly don't envy having to make that move! Cheers for posting
    Cheers mate

Excerpt from Blog: Trypticon – the big bad! The latest Titan Figure for the Titans Return line and the biggest Decepticon toy ever created!

However this titan has a titanic problem – his hips!

Though they are cropping up far less (though still occasionally) in later waves, the first batch of this toy came with some major issues that were in turn causing major damage to a pretty expensive toy. These problems were:

1: The springs in the hips were far too strong and causing damage to the workings inside.

2: The teeth on the ratchet system for the hips were too big and would more often than not lock together instead of sliding over one another.

There have been quite a few fixes to these problems crop up on various Transformer sites and youtube. These have ranged from cutting the springs in half to address the strength issue to filing down the teeth of the ratchet. Some people have even removed the spring and half the ratchet altogether and replaced them with cardboard disks in order to turn the hips into a swivel system.

Well I am here to give you what I believe is the easiest answer to the spring and ratchet problems and guess what? No cutting, filing or permanent removal of parts is necessary! Follow the below instructions and your Trypticon will be ready to start smashing bots instead of his own hips in no time!

Massive thanks to Fatbot and Krayt for being the brains of this operation!

I might give this a go with my Tryp

Default Review and Competition

Excerpt from Blog: Back in May we had a look at the two first wrist-rest mouse pads made with a Transformers theme, those being modeled after Acree and Windblade respectively.

Most people, whether they liked them or were horrified by them, were none the less fascinated and speculated whether there would be any more. Now a few months later we have our answer. Another femmebot has let her form grace the pad so that Transfans and netnerds everywhere can click away w
    ithout thier poor wrists getting sore, that femmebot being Elita One.

Competition!

Excerpt from Blog: Trev does an interview answering questions about his love for Transformers from fellow fans

READ Fanscan interview with Big Angry Trev HERE

Default Toy Review

Excerpt from Blog: When I wrote the comparison blog between Takra Tomys Unite Warriors Computron and Hasbro’s Combiner Wars Computron it took me about two days to take all the pictures, write up all the subtle differences and overall decide which set was better.

With Legends Trypticon and Titans Return Trypticon? I should be done by the end of the commercial break.

Default Video

I have done my first ever video review, in this case comparing the Legends and Titans Return versions of Trypticon - enjoy.

The most disappointing review ever... not because of what you did but purely because there are no differences... I'm going to have 3 identical Trypticons in my house... otherwise top review mate. Been waiting for a comparison for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    The most disappointing review ever... not because of what you did but purely because there are no differences... I'm going to have 3 identical Trypticons in my house... otherwise top review mate. Been waiting for a comparison for ages.
    Cheers mate! Scarily enough my shoddy looking video review has already shown up as a news story on Tformers and Seibertron

Wish I'd known beforehand - would have made them credit my blog