Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: The wish list - figures youd like to see made

They need to reuse the Battle Unicorn mould.

couple years back a kitbasher used beast wars figs and other bits n pieces to make a mythology based transformers set. transmythics he called it. mite want to google it see if his site is still around. he had some real interesting stuff. lots of potential in the mythology alt modes

Yes, I remember that site. The TF Naga was awesome.

Mythology TFs would be a very nice Beast Wars continuity subline.

i just picked up ROTF Long Haul, and i tell ya, to add to the wishlist, after seeing just how much they ramped up the complexity of transformations between the 1st and 2nd movie, i really want to see Hasbro really pushing the envelope when it comes to transformations, i want to see new and interesting ways of transforming figures without limiting their robot pose-ability and display look.

easy comparison is the prime from both movies, the level of improvement in that figure is amazing and shows just how much the transformation can improve a figure etc.

i really disliked the animated series for a few reasons, such as they look too childish and the transformations are too simple, and in my opinion it was like they took a giant leap backwards in transformer toy technology. but thats what i just think. what about you guys?

I think in all the different lines, there's going to be at least a little something for everyone, and strictly limiting yourself based on an over-arching opinion is kind of silly. Animated and ROTF have both excellent and shitty toys so either way you'd be missing out on some cool stuff, even taking into account personal preference for complex transformations, style etc.

Personally i think variety is one of the strong points of the Transformers brand, so i have no problem with Animated catering to a younger audience - or with ROTF having 'alien' robots ... and will welcome whatever surprises might be in store next!

Quote Originally Posted by RagingBull View Post

i really disliked the animated series for a few reasons, such as they look too childish and the transformations are too simple, and in my opinion it was like they took a giant leap backwards in transformer toy technology. but thats what i just think. what about you guys?
    I agree with that for the most part. Aside from the style, Animated, in my opinion, didn't really bring much of anything new or interesting to the table. There were a couple of innovative molds and concepts (such as Activators) but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I agree with that for the most part. Aside from the style, Animated, in my opinion, didn't really bring much of anything new or interesting to the table. There were a couple of innovative molds and concepts (such as Activators) but that's about it.
    if you look at animated from a totally engineering perspective, and compare that with the engineering involved with the tf:movie line and even the classics/universe line, animated was a step backwards.

if you look at animated from a totaly visual aspect, and look at the level of detail involved in the animated figures and compare that with the previous few lines, the level of detail has increased so much, but then animated took a leap backwards with that.

i saw a repaint/remold custom of animated optimus prime the one that came in the 2 pack with megatron, the customizer added so much detail to it and it looked very very awesome. it had battle damage and great lines and added details, so why couldnt hasbro do that. i dont know. but all in all i really do hope hasbro continue to push the level of engineering and detailing in figures like they have with TF:ROTF since the first movie.

Now that Hasbro has the Lamborghini licence back I really wish that they would make a Titans Return Sunstreaker with the Titan Master modelled after Hunter O'Nion. And naturally they could retool/redeco it as Sideswipe and maybe even retool his Titan Master as Verity Carlo (in the armour that she wore in The Last Stand of the Wreckers).

#threadnecromancy'd!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    #threadnecromancy'd!
    I didn't even know this thread existed. Necroed indeed.