Page 80 of 194 FirstFirst ... 6070757677787980818283848590100 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Is this another revision wave making the rounds?
    Breakaway wasnt included in the second revision wave that stores are currently receiving.
    Maybe it was in Revision 1... to make up for being short packed in Wave 3?
    It would also give enough time for Wave 2 Chromedome to be cleared out so that the "same toy" in different colours isn't shelfwarming next to each other.

FatalityPitt Guest

The first IDW comic series I've followed is the current Optimus Prime series. I've not followed the IDW-verse Transformers for long, so I've been reading back issues trying to catch up and get familiarized. I like this continuity, it's G1, but with more depth. In the 1980's cartoon, all the Autobots were purely good, while all the Decepticons were purely evil (Except Blitzwing and Octane), and they were all pretty one-dimensional. But in the IDW-verse, there's a lot of grey area where some 'bad' guys went dark in the first place for understandable reasons, and the 'good' guys have their own flaws and moments of weakness.

Using the D&D alignment system, I've made a little chart to give myself a sense of some of these characters. This is just one example of course.

That's awesome dude! Makes total sense
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

I did something like this here, and my picks were:

Note: These are based on their original Hasbro tech specs personae. Characters from different canon would vary, e.g. Takara Overlord and IDW Prowl would be Lawful Evil.

IDW's Overlord is based on his Hasbro G1 tech specs, which I would say is definitely Chaotic Evil. Selfish and cruel. Doesn't work well in groups and resents being given orders. Pretty much describes IDW/Hasbro Overlord pretty well - just look at his personal crusade against Megatron and the countless lives he killed just to get Megs' attention. Hasbro Overlord is like the Joker from the Dark Knight... he just wants to see the world burn.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I did something like this here, and my picks were:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Note: These are based on their original Hasbro tech specs personae. Characters from different canon would vary, e.g. Takara Overlord and IDW Prowl would be Lawful Evil.

IDW's Overlord is based on his Hasbro G1 tech specs, which I would say is definitely Chaotic Evil. Selfish and cruel. Doesn't work well in groups and resents being given orders. Pretty much describes IDW/Hasbro Overlord pretty well - just look at his personal crusade against Megatron and the countless lives he killed just to get Megs' attention. Hasbro Overlord is like the Joker from the Dark Knight... he just wants to see the world burn.

Yeah, I'll fall on my sword and agree about Overlord. When I first read this guy in LSotW, I thought, "man! what an evil bastard! He's just a psychopath who wants to hurt people just for the sake of hurting people (and proving he's just stronger than everyone else)." I didn't think much about whether he's lawful or chaotic. Now that I think of it, that IS Chaotic Evil.

I don't know whether IDW Prowl is Lawful Evil. He's definitely Lawful, but I don't think he'd deliberately Kill or cause harm just to please himself. To him, causing pain and misery is just a means to an important end.

I do agree about Thundercracker being True Neutral. I wanted to put him on the chart, but I thought Wreck-Gar is more interesting, especially since we're (or at least I am) so use to seeing him as a 'good' character. In his recent appearance in the IDW comics, he was an antagonist, but to me, it seemed like his actions were motivated by mistrust and xenophobia more than anything else. Also, Rum-maj had a pretty tight leash on him, and even she didn't seem 100% Chaotic Evil. She seemed to be motivated by jealously and revenge. Come to think of it, the Junkions didn't strike me as evil, they just felt like they'd been short-changed and were looking to bust some heads to get what they felt was owed to them. They did however enslave to poor POOR sharkticons, so they're definitely not good.

I'd maybe go for Mirage over Thundercracker for True Neutral.

Now I have two sets of the 1986 Autobot Cars in my CHUGUR collection - the originals and the TRs. In the Gokiverse the originals represent these characters in their original forms (i.e. 1986 Cars) whereas the TRs represent their 1987 Targetmaster counterparts (only that their Headmasters now). Or in other words...

Front row: Kup, Hot Rod, Blurr
    ↓Back row: Kup w/ Recoil, Hot Rod w/ Firebolt, Blurr w/ Haywire

↑Front row: Kup, Hot Rod, Blurr
    Back row: Kup w/ Flintlock, Hot Rod w/ Firedrive, Blurr w/ Hyperfire

This is mystery that I hope gets solved.

A long time member on TFW ordered from Walmart online to pickup in-store, a Voyager Movie Optimus toy, and when they went to the store to pick it up, their toy had writing over the front... which he thought at first glance was "pick up", but then realised the words were too long.
    It was then noticed that it looked like Peter Cullen's autograph, and if it is, how and why is it there.
    It's from a reputable source (Walmart), found by someone who had no motive to make a false claim like this... and it is a toy that hasn't been out long for very long, but why would someone return a toy that had a real or fake Peter Cullen autograph on it.

It seems unlikely, but what if Hasbro had released a few of these toys at random with autographs on them. It wouldn't work in-store as they would be snapped up by employees and scalpers... but as an online exclusive or incentive, it would be a real surprise. It just doesn't make sense that it doesn't have a note of it being a limited authentic autograph on the box, or by any business before it was released (if this was something done by Hasbro or Walmart).
    But if it was, wouldn't that be pretty cool surprise to get in the mail from a major online store.

I'll grab a red marker and start pumping a few out tomorrow, in case you kids feel like you're missing out -nobody will know