Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amazon Australia up and running

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    They are indeed by Amazon AU... and it looks like there is a few hundred different Transformers products that are on their way to Amazon.
    Maybe Hasbro Australia cleared out their old/unwanted stock to Amazon (in addition to sending them every current item on-hand), to help Amazon have a bigger "back catalogue" of toy products, so that it doesn't look as pathetic.

Prices are about what you'd expect for a "retailer", but it's good for people in regional areas, or those not near a store that is getting all of a certain item (like Rescue Bots being mostly at Kmart, or certain waves only showing up at one retailer)... as you would now have a back-up option (if you can't get it for less from overseas).

A shame that they don't have a sorting option like on Amazon US and Amazon JP, which can show you the most recently added items... so that you can easily tell what is new since you last visited.
    Titan Returns toys at $7 titanmasters $14 legends, $22 deluxes, $34 voyagers, $60 leaders. These are prices I can get behind. They even have a good priced CW Groove! Too good to be true?

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available

Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    They even have a good priced CW Groove! Too good to be true?
    That is surprising... maybe we might see more exclusives show up on Amazon, that the other retailers didn't want here.

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

If you go deeper they have Generations figures that never saw release here like Rhinox listed.
    https://www.amazon.com.au/Transforme...dp/B00CP0TMMK/
    While it could be some HOz stock that never went to retailers, I think it might be worth considering that some of this is Amazon America stock that is being listed (possibly to bulk up the search results to try to convince people they're now getting the real deal Amazon experience and not what we got when it first launched).

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    Seems like we can still make purchases via amazon.com despite the au store opening up,
    I have no idea why people thought Amazon's international sites would block us when the Australian site launched. Amazon has never blocked any countries except for North Korea, Syria and similar countries that it's illegal to do business with under US law. Jeff Bezos will gladly take anyone's money.

I'm a little bummed at how long the delay is on Amazon's free shipping tier. I was going to buy a hard drive off them but it's much quicker to buy the hard drive for the same price at Officeworks in Rockhampton and pick it up when I go to Rocky next week for an appointment. (and for any local Gladstone folk that want to point out Officeworks is open in Gladstone, it's out stock at that store and they aren't getting more for several weeks.)

As for Transformers deals, anyone that missed Leader Class Jetfire at Reject Shop last years can get it from Amazon.com.au for $18.56. https://www.amazon.com.au/Transforme...s=transformers

Quote Originally Posted by Other View Post
    If you go deeper they have Generations figures that never saw release here like Rhinox listed.
    https://www.amazon.com.au/Transforme...dp/B00CP0TMMK/
    While it could be some HOz stock that never went to retailers, I think it might be worth considering that some of this is Amazon America stock that is being listed (possibly to bulk up the search results to try to convince people they're now getting the real deal Amazon experience and not what we got when it first launched).
    I'm a bit iffy too and suspect it might be some of this but am thinking of trying a purchase of a couple of "currently out of stock" TR items, just want to check the price guarantee and refund if unfulfilled options will apply in the fine print

When these "pre-order" items come into stock (IF they come in), we might have to start up a topic of "new items on Amazon Australia" topic in the Dealer section.
    It would be really exciting if they do get in stock from America, to include items not released here (like missing waves or exclusives like that CW Groove).