Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202535 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I'm really sick of changes to the status quo and the constant cycle of crossover/aftermath/lead-in-to-next-crossover that Marvel's been stuck in for years.

I'm a diehard X-Men fan but it was status-quo changes that made me stop collecting those comics back in 1998. One too many. They won me back but while I understand why they do it (events/reboots sell comics) it annoys me.

House of M was alright story (but one that had been done before) and Decimation was a disaster (and a story done before!). I'm glad that the X-Men have mostly been left out of Secret Invasion since the X-Men did that story 100 issues ago anyway.
    As the Skrulls say; embrace change.

But no I get where you are coming from. I don't mind status quo changes but I'm with you with alll these "big Marvel events", I'd like a break from them as well.

I guess it's just after all this hype for Secret Invasion I'd feel a bit shafted if nothing gets shaken up in the Marvel universe when this "event" ends.

but then they will just change it again anyway as though SI or the next "big" event never happened *cough* spiderman in civil war *cough*

X-Men: First Class has been cancelled! I just read that on the X-Axis review guy's blog. Really disappointed as though I didn't collect that title monthly, I thoroughly enjoyed the trades and have each one to date. They've apparently got a final mini-series that has a very imaginative name: "X-Men: First Class - Finals".

'Twas a quality book while it lasted
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    X-Men: First Class has been cancelled! I just read that on the X-Axis review guy's blog. Really disappointed as though I didn't collect that title monthly, I thoroughly enjoyed the trades and have each one to date. They've apparently got a final mini-series that has a very imaginative name: "X-Men: First Class - Finals".

'Twas a quality book while it lasted
    So what there will be no volume three?

I knew last weeks giant sized was the last issue for volume two but I was expecting X-Men: First Class to return later in 2009.

Well this is sad to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by piratescratch View Post
    So what there will be no volume three?

I knew last weeks giant sized was the last issue for volume two but I was expecting X-Men: First Class to return later in 2009.

Well this is sad to hear.
    Just a mini is all I know. What I'm surprised at these days is how many titles get the flick without even a whimper. Used to be you'd know even if a title ranking in the 100s got cancelled down. There are a few titles you don't even know about like in recent times Heroes 4 Hire and New Warriors.
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs

I never got into First Class. I read the first eight issues in the trade but wasn't hooked.

I've never read NYX either but I am so glad to read tonight that Dr Reyes has been saved from the "implied off-screen death at Mutant Concentration Camp limbo" she'd been in. It was the status quo reboot that kicked Cecilia off the X-Men that was my breaking point back in X-Men's #80s.

Just read that Birds of Prey, Robin and Nightwing got cancelled. But I reckon there's something behind it, all related to Batman RiP so I'm not too worried though if that's not the case I'll be very peeved as BoP is one of my favourite DC titles

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Just read that Birds of Prey, Robin and Nightwing got cancelled. But I reckon there's something behind it, all related to Batman RiP so I'm not too worried though if that's not the case I'll be very peeved as BoP is one of my favourite DC titles
    Robin and Nightwing are being Cancelled? How confirmed is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Autoplex View Post
    Robin and Nightwing are being Cancelled? How confirmed is this?
    Very.

A while back I read something about Robin and Nightwing becoming new titles, not really cancelled as such. But that was in the gossip around the ending of Batman's RIP story.