Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: SDCC exclusive Bumblebee with Dino-cassettes

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    There is a Bumblebee that comes with the set...

But it is SDCC sets, they are always more expensive. But waiting for secondary market will pay alot more.
    Bumblebee worth $0. It's the Dino cassettes everyone is after...

Looking at how TLTC are overcharging for the Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus (clicky) it doesnt really surprise me if they are overcharging for other exclusive figures as well.
    Ok fair enough they are saving us some hassle of hunting around and going through shipping forwarders etc, but you have to think "are they doing enough work for me to justify paying possibly twice as much?".
    I'd say if you have the money and dont want to run the risk of missing out go for it, otherwise wait, other stores will put up pre orders eventually.

Galvatran Guest

I'm hanging out for 20% off at PC... when they get back online... any moment now... & blame it on the vocal minority... just getting my bitcoin payment ready.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Looking at how TLTC are overcharging for the Throne of the Primes Optimal Optimus (clicky) it doesnt really surprise me if they are overcharging for other exclusive figures as well.
    Ok fair enough they are saving us some hassle of hunting around and going through shipping forwarders etc, but you have to think "are they doing enough work for me to justify paying possibly twice as much?".
    I'd say if you have the money and dont want to run the risk of missing out go for it, otherwise wait, other stores will put up pre orders eventually.
    I say they're just using proxy services themselves at those prices, not even gonna bother with them or the stuff at all until I saw the competition

If you guys think TLTC's prices on these are bad I suggest you don't look at the prices on ebay cause they are astronomical.

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yeah it's not like there's somewhere better priced alternative atm, unless you have some one to middleman any of the exclusives for you in person or off the Hasbro Store after the show for mates rates you're kinda stuffed.

Sucks it's only Throne right now. I'm playing the Shopmate game with Amazon for Repugnus, hoping I can cancel before August for a cheaper local listing.

so the hasbro price for the throne set is US$ 70, just under $100 as DarkHyren has pointed out. given that shipping through a shipping forwarder would be between US$30 and US$50. the cheapest you could get it here, guaranteed is about US$100 to US$120. about AU$134 to AU$160. plus another 10% GST on all that so 147 to 176. and then you have to be lucky enough to snag it off the Hasbro site, with an American credit card, before it sells out.

$185 is a little rich but they're probably also paying several middle men to get it here as well.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Other View Post
    TLTC's price on the cassettes is similar.

It's unrealistic to expect to pay around MSRP for SDCC exclusives unless you are at the con. As someone that has bought SDCC exclusives over the years I've always had to pay above MSRP to get the items unless it's an item that didn't sell initially and the scalpers have to sell the item at MSRP or at a loss to move the stock half a year after the con.