Page 101 of 194 FirstFirst ... 819196979899100101102103104105106111121 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1940

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

How about a female titan!?! Like Scorponok or Fort Max., Your thoughts?

Steeljaw has always been my favourite of Blaster's cassettes. It really sucks that the only G1 Steeljaw toys we have ever gotten is his original toy and reissues of it. Would be nice to have a CHUG version of him even if it's more akin to TR Ramhorn than something like Henkei Ravage.

Hopefully the MP version isn't far off.

We did get a Generations Steeljaw, albeit Fall of Cybertron.
    I'd say an MP version would be coming soon. It would be silly for TakaraTOMY to create the mould (which they've obviously used for Night Stalker) but not go ahead with making Steeljaw.

Then again, we said the exact same thing about Binaltech Dead End and it took them a year before they released Binaltech Sunstreaker. And some people thought that the Binaltech Skids mould would've been ideal as BT Ratchet and Ironhide, but that never happened and they instead did Blaster (and as nice as that toy is, the mould just doesn't suit him as well as it would've suited Ratchethide). Then again, this was pre-Tomy merger Takara... and it was 13 years ago now (whaaat?!). Today's TakaraTOMY seem to be more reliable for this sort of thing.

So are we expecting a new/reissue of Leader/MP Movie Starscream at some point? I’ve decided I want one, especially with all these movie MPs of late.

I just had an unsettling thought. Since Takara do not own the rights to G1 Shockwave in the view of a ToyCo collector MP Shockwave must be like a 3rd party KO.

Takara did obtain the licence for ToyCo's Astro Magnum to use as Shockwave, or as he's known in Japan - LASERWAVE.

Also, TakaraTOMY is a publicly listed company. Anyone can easily find their contact details - either through Google or just looking at any of their toy boxes, instruction booklets etc. (or the Contact TakaraTOMY web page) and just contact them should they wish. ToyCo does still exist today.

Who told you that Takara doesn't own the rights to G1 Shockwave?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Takara did obtain the licence for ToyCo's Astro Magnum to use as Shockwave, or as he's known in Japan - LASERWAVE.

Also, TakaraTOMY is a publicly listed company. Anyone can easily find their contact details - either through Google or just looking at any of their toy boxes, instruction booklets etc. (or the Contact TakaraTOMY web page) and just contact them should they wish. ToyCo does still exist today.

Who told you that Takara doesn't own the rights to G1 Shockwave?
    It's common knowledge that Takara don't own the rights to Shockwave, and what's them being listed in the phone book got to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    It's common knowledge that Takara don't own the rights to Shockwave
    Citation needed. Especially considering that Takara actually released G1 Laserwave in 1985. General consensus alone is not evidence (after all there is a lot of common knowledge that is actually inaccurate, like bats being blind. Bats aren't blind).

There are a number of G1 Transformers that Takara never released because they didn't have the licensing rights; e.g. Jetfire, Roadbuster, Whirl, Sky Lynx, Omega Supreme, Chop Shop, Barrage, Venom, Ransack etc. They would not have released Laserwave in Japan if this were the case.

And if you're wondering how TakaraTOMY were able to reissue Omega Supreme and Sky Lynx, it's because those moulds were originally designed by TOMY (for ToyBox), and after Takara merged with TOMY they automatically inherited properties owned by TOMY. This allowed them to reissue Omega Supreme and Sky Lynx. Well... technically not a reissue for the Japanese market as it was the first time that those toys were ever released there as Transformers. Same with Gears, which is really odd because that mould belongs to Takara from Microman. No idea why Takara never released Gears in the 80s. The Transformers Collection Mini-Bots reissue was actually G1 Gears' toy debut in Japan.

I'm procrastinating with some work I need to do and so I think about opening the Hasbro Trypticon. I have the Hasbro and Takara versions sitting in my house. But then I think 'ugh all those stickers'. And 'maybe the hips are dodgy?' And then I think no, maybe another weekend.

My TR Quickswitch just arrived, thank you ebay!

TFwiki says Quickswitch is a minor remould, (specifically the wolf head) but honestly I can't see a single remoulded part.

Still that's one more G1 Transformer I now have towards my goal.