Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Takara's Take on Trypticon -- LG43

Anyone have TT vs Hasbro comparison picks in the same lighting with the same camera yet? I hope I made the right choice by going Hasbro.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Anyone have TT vs Hasbro comparison picks in the same lighting with the same camera yet? I hope I made the right choice by going Hasbro.
    Ask and ye shall receive... which goes to his blog posting here, giving us this quote:

Now to Trypticon himself, the differences are…. they are…. um….
    ‘One of these Cons is not like the other one…. oh wait’
    The differences are non-existent!

That’s right kiddies – there is absolutely no difference between the two versions – none! All the things you may have previously been lead to believe, such as the teal was darker and the purple richer in the Legends version are not correct. That the paint apps are built in and you don’t have to apply stickers like the Hasbro version – false. The only way I could keep the two from getting mixed up when taking photographs was that I had already applied some of the stickers to the Titans Return version. The same goes for their smaller partners.

At least it saves me getting the JP version... as the box seems to be the only thing different.

Hmmm.... I've noticed that I have bought one less Titan with each release.
    4 of Metroplex - Hasbro, JP, SDCC, HKGC
    3 of Devastator - Hasbro, JP, SDCC
    2 of Fort Max - Hasbro, JP (missing the SDCC version, but not worth the expense)
    1 of Trypticon - Hasbro (no SDCC release this time... and the JP version is identical)

I hope that doesn't mean I don't end up buying next year's Titan at all...

^ Wow, identical AF.

I normally only get one of each character unless I have a good reason to rebuy. For Fort Max I originally bought the Takara version, then I decided later I wanted a Cerebros to go with my Deluxe Class Headmasters so I grabbed the Hasbro version from work. I still don't know what to do with the extra Fort Max body I have now.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    ^ Wow, identical AF.

I normally only get one of each character unless I have a good reason to rebuy. For Fort Max I originally bought the Takara version, then I decided later I wanted a Cerebros to go with my Deluxe Class Headmasters so I grabbed the Hasbro version from work. I still don't know what to do with the extra Fort Max body I have now.
    pretty sure someone here'd like to customise it

At least we can say that Dinosaurer being identical to Trypticon is G1 accurate.

The translation of the comic packed with the Japanese Trypticon....

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Trypticon's triple comic situation is complete.

oooooh, is that why he got threee????