Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: FT Iron Dibots

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    I have my Grinder X (god this is the only context where that name is not NSFW), which will likely be my first and only FanToys figure because Grimlock, and he is simply magnificent.

I love my MP-8 and MP-8X however are prehistoric compared to Grinder who definitely stands as the greatest Grimlock figure around (beating Planet-X Vulcun for me).
    I concur, finally transformed my Grinder X to Dino mode and it is glorious! I prefer it over the bot mode, as good as that is.

I sorted out the issue with getting the tail pieces out from the leg by loosening the screw and pulling the tail out a bit as suggested by FT. Now I can unpack the tail without scratching the chrome. Thankfully the tiny bit of chrome I scratched on one tail piece can't be seen in either mode because it's on the underside of the tail in Dino mode.

Also looks like I may have secured Stomp X. It's a big overpay but will complete my X set.

So I transformed Sever tonight to Dino mode for the first time. Another nice transformation and he looks great.

I'm seeing UltraMarginal's earlier point about tight tolerances. But I think some of this is due to screws being tightened too much at the factory. My screws on the arm pieces were too tight, which led to some scuffing of the chrome on the hind legs as I was swinging the arm pieces through. I've loosened those now but will be extra vigilant whenever things look too tight to loosen screws. That would be only criticism so far with these figures.

But overall I'm very happy I got these.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Gotten my Scoria.
    And yes I do love it but also to be fair I see some issues.

Things that I didn't like, he might be a bit short but thats because he was the initial dinobot made. He doesn't look too short for the matter and he will definitely pass well scaled with the rest.

The sword, damn, why cant they do a cross grip? instead the handle blocks its movement.

Shoulders can be a bit more bulk which is what Cesium is. But overall very good.

There are complaints about it being longish but when I compare to Server its length match which makes it well balance.

I might buy Cesium but is one of those if cheap conditions. My main issue is he stands way taller than all the dinobots, and you can tell by the video that he is on A stance pose making Grinder look equal but is not.

Scoria looks very nice with the face replacement from Grinder. Down points are no red horns, no black head to silver face like PF has the option.

This is a tough call to be honest, If you take PF-01 then you need to shorten it by posing it. But everything about PF-01 looks right. Scoria does the job. I am quite happy with it as you have Soar and Server who are not very tall so he fits well overall.

My Scoria X is missing it's Dino jaw and the little foot piece that swings upwards is inexplicably just sitting on top of the pin rather than fitting around the pin (so it's just a loose piece). I've tried pulling the gold foot piece apart to see if I can fix it up but it's not happening. WTF? Not happy!

I only realised this now when I finally got some time to transform it. I bought it from Action Robo, I will email both them and Fans Toys support to work out how to resolve this.

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    My Scoria X is missing it's Dino jaw and the little foot piece that swings upwards is inexplicably just sitting on top of the pin rather than fitting around the pin (so it's just a loose piece). I've tried pulling the gold foot piece apart to see if I can fix it up but it's not happening. WTF? Not happy!

I only realised this now when I finally got some time to transform it. I bought it from Action Robo, I will email both them and Fans Toys support to work out how to resolve this.
    fanstoys support is good, slow but good

Alternatively buy pf cesium or the smokey head for scoria .

But yes fantoys will replace faulty items.

My gripe about fantoys Dinis is their fix are in other dinobots.
    Meaning you are forced to buy grinder to fix soar.

Just realised that it is x version so that needs to be fixed as is limited edition

Ok thanks guys, that's good to hear.

Cesium is not really an option unless they do an X version. But I prefer Scoria anyway.

Guess I better transform Soar X and my regular Dibots to make sure there are no other issues.

Cesium is not really an option unless they do an X version. But I prefer Scoria anyway.

Guess I better transform Soar X and my regular Dibots to make sure there are no other issues.
    The knee if not metal will snap mine did effortlessly

Fans Toys replied quickly saying they can send out the jaw piece but don't have replacement legs so I have to pop the pin to put the foot piece in. I've never done this, don't have a small enough screwdriver and don't want to wreck the gold finish trying so have asked Action Robo to send a replacement. Hopefully Action Robo will oblige.

Here will be a Cesium is getting an X-version. That what I'm waiting for.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain