Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Competition for Australia

The official site's Ts&Cs didn't make that clear. Guess I should put my other docket in the draw now then and hope for the best.
    Then I can sell on those two figs I am only keeping for the possibility of winning a prize.

The other thing not clear is which last 6 digits to use.

The illustration on their site shows a bar code with 13 numbers: 1 outside the barcode, 6 numbers, a gap, and then the the last 6 highlighted (all within the main 'body' of the barcode).
    X XXXXXX XXXXXX

On my package (a Legion toy) the barcode only has 12 numbers. 1 outside-left the bar code, a set of 5, another set of 5, and another number outside-right the barcode (not illustrated in the example).
    X XXXXX XXXXX X

So I put the last six from the set of numbers within the barcode in, ignoring the dangling number outside (which doesn't not appear in the official example). But I think I probably stuffed up, right?

What did the winning people do? Have any of you used a Legion-class barcode and won and which numbers did you put in?

It shouldn't be this confusing or hard

I included the one on the outside, and didn't have a problem. As reillyD mentioned, keep the barcode as well as the docket (I didn't even think of it, as I keep the packaging of my TFs). And as I posted above, make a note of all your entries in a text file, so if they do ask for verification, you give them every entry you've submitted, or else you may not end up verifying the one they have drawn out.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I included the one on the outside, and didn't have a problem.
    So... I did it wrong. Great. I'd be surprised to win anyway, just not my year for being lucky, but I guess I'll put in the other barcode in the different way.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The official site's Ts&Cs didn't make that clear. Guess I should put my other docket in the draw now then and hope for the best.
    You should get the entries in as soon as you can, because the pool of entries is just getting bigger and bigger each day.

So... I did it wrong. Great. I'd be surprised to win anyway, just not my year for being lucky, but I guess I'll put in the other barcode in the different way.
    I don't think you should be worried, as they probably don't have EVERY eligible barcode on file... they just want you to be able to verify EXACTLY what you entered, and to keep your barcode and docket in case they ask for them to be posted in for verification (if you won the big prize).

ispayks is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Wow I won as well. Hasbro sent me an email on the 28th of March. I replied before the deadline but no shipping notice yet.

I think I might be in that boat too man, though, I have about as much luck in life as the Dodo Bird so it probably doesn't matter anyway.
    (I think I used all of my year's luck up with X-9 earlier this year )

Quote Originally Posted by ispayks View Post
    Wow I won as well. Hasbro sent me an email on the 28th of March. I replied before the deadline but no shipping notice yet.
    Congratulations dude!

As I mentioned above to Paulbot - as long as you quote back to them exactly what you entered, and can physically prove it if asked to, it won't matter which digits you entered in. There are several hundred Transformers products in stores at the moment, not just the toys, so I doubt that they would have a register of all possible barcodes, in case it leaves out something that is either really old, or something really new... both of which, if purchased at one of those major chains, is eligible for the competition.

You can add me to the list of winners...