Page 116 of 194 FirstFirst ... 96106111112113114115116117118119120121126136 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1940

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

I was trying to figure out some storage space stuff and did some sums about my own collection.

G1 toys (original and reissues) make up almost exactly half my collection and I really didn't expect that. CHUG toys makes up a quarter, and "all other lines" makes up the remaining quarter.

It would be quite easy to set up some display for "all other lines" with a few of those Aldi cabinets but the idea of putting the G1 stuff on display is very daunting. Same for the CHUG stuff honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I cant believe that I only realized this morning that Heatwave has the same voice as Wolverine

Talk about late to the party
    So does Barricade in WFC - just noticed that when replaying it for the first time in near a decade today

I'm willing to give HasTak a lot of leeway on their high pricing as for me most items seem reasonable to me and if I get say a Deluxe for $25 I feel like it's a bargain.

But when I went into Target today and saw how much the Cyberverse toys are at a big retailer and not a small independent like Toyworld I was actually left feeling that the price is completely unreasonable.

At least with the higher cost of MPs now I can somewhat justify the spend for a character I really like given how much engineering goes into it, but I can't do that with a Cyberverse figure.

I could really go for a reissue of BW Tigerhawk.

I bought a used/incomplete/slightly but not fatally broken one for a tenner at a toyfair years ago and have thoroughly enjoyed it.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post

I bought a used/incomplete/slightly but not fatally broken one for a tenner at a toyfair years ago and have thoroughly enjoyed it.
    I'd personally go for MP of Tigerhawk, but a reissue would be cool also.

Fornicating purgatory, I just scoped out some of the online prices and nearly fainted. Although I don't know if a reissue these days would be much cheaper. Both Hasbro and TakaraTOMY seem to be releasing reissues at pretty inflated prices. And Encore God Fire Convoy has more QC issues than the Australian Parliament has changes in Prime Minister! I wonder if it'd be cheaper to buy a loose Universe Razorclaw and repaint it yourself. :/

Normally I would wonder why you didn't just buy this toy when it was out in shops and save yourself all this trouble, but I know that the Australian distribution for the Ultra Transmetal 2s were horrifically inconsistent. I personally never saw them in shops locally despite my best efforts to find them. I was fortunate to get them from another source, but still, I definitely remember these toys being impossible to find.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Normally I would wonder why you didn't just buy this toy when it was out in shops and save yourself all this trouble, but I know that the Australian distribution for the Ultra Transmetal 2s were horrifically inconsistent. I personally never saw them in shops locally despite my best efforts to find them. I was fortunate to get them from another source, but still, I definitely remember these toys being impossible to find.
    I was 9 years old and my access to retail Transformers was local Toyworld once a month and Myer in the CBD every school holidays. Unfortunately, it was never going to happen.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I was 9 years old and my access to retail Transformers was local Toyworld once a month and Myer in the CBD every school holidays. Unfortunately, it was never going to happen.
    Not all of us have been serious collectors since 1984. Anything before 2007 for me is a "must hit up ebay" item.

A thought just occurred while watching some Fall of Cybertron Youtube clips...Peter Cullen is now pushing 75-80 years old...he's been pretty much The Voice of Optimus Prime for 30-odd years.

Who on Earth are they going to get to be The Voice of Optimus Prime once he's gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Who on Earth are they going to get to be The Voice of Optimus Prime once he's gone?
    Garry Chalk

Or one of those Cullen sound alikes they've got to do G1/Movie Optimus Prime's voice for toys or ads and other things like that.