View Poll Results: Generations Cosmos with Payload - worth getting?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hells yeah - he's outta this world!

23 95.83%
  • Only if cheap

1 4.17%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

0 0%
  • Consign this horrible toy to deep space!

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Cosmos with Payload

Recently got the Titans Return version of this toy.

Pros:
    * More G1 accurate colours.
    * Looser head makes it easier to pull the head up.

Cons:
    * No Payload Mini-Con (yet the same price point!)
    * Some mould degradation. The panels don't clip in as tightly as w/ Generations T30 Cosmos or even CW Scrounge. Including TAV Adams, this would be the fourth use of the mould and it's showing.

Only recommended if you missed out on Generations Cosmos or TAV Adams but if you have a previous version and you're happy with it then stick with it. I just got this toy because my Generations Cosmos came with a big scratch on the helmet which I've never been happy with. So cosmetically this toy is an improvement, but otherwise I actually prefer the original version. I might actually see if I can figure out how to swap the heads.

Yesterday I picked up the Titans Return Cosmos and like the G1 version it's impressive but sadly it's a direct port from the Generations version. What that means is it doesn't cater to the TR head masters like the other legends class figures do. It would be fantastic to place a head master in the cockpit but that's impossible. So they could've at least placed tabs on the surface of the saucer for the head master to be stood there but sadly no.

The colours capture the spirit of the G1 toy. It would have been great if he was shorter and fatter like the G1 cartoon model.

FatalityPitt Guest

I finally have Cosmos! YAASSSS!

Even if he was going at full price, I still would have leaped at getting him. To get him cheap was the icing on the cake.

I don't have the initial release that came with the mini-con, but I heard that the head on the initial release was painted whereas this one's head is molded in red plastic. I'm so glad this one's head was sculpted in red plastic, I get slightly peeved when they paint the whole part even though the plastic underneath is an entirely different color. It makes it look horrible when the paint gets chipped or scratched off.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Yesterday I picked up the Titans Return Cosmos and like the G1 version it's impressive but sadly it's a direct port from the Generations version. What that means is it doesn't cater to the TR head masters like the other legends class figures do. It would be fantastic to place a head master in the cockpit but that's impossible. So they could've at least placed tabs on the surface of the saucer for the head master to be stood there but sadly no.
    Since Cosmos was kinda sorta the Autobot equivalent of Astrotrain (space transport), it would've been cool if we could store Titan masters in him. Not sure if it's much consolation, but Cosmos can attach onto Computron's arm just like Scrounge.