Page 415 of 467 FirstFirst ... 395405410411412413414415416417418419420425435 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I play Asian - slightly quicker to get a game, and there are actually less hackers in AS servers, in my experience at least.
    Really? More hackers on OC than AS? I heard asia has a lot of hackers on it. Might try EU or NA as I cant get any fps solo games on OC

New Pokémon games for switch have been officially announced with a trailer and titles: Let’s go Pikachu and Let’s go Eevee.

Set in Kanto, 151 original mons (and surely a majority of the rest post game) with what looks like a modernised (sun/moon) style reimagining of red/blue/yellow.

So turns out a lot of the rumours were somewhat accurate. Whether one game is more traditional set and the other post a giant flood remains to be seen but some of the other changes made could be interesting: throwing balls to catch, drop in and out play (easy mode), monsters viewable on the world map (no more random grass or cave run ins, now you have to run into the mon you want to catch) and Pokémon follow or sit atop of your character in the main world.

Also seems to be a bonus mode like in soul silver and heart gold where Pokémon you catch in Pokémon go can be transferred to a special park.

Hopefully as we get closer to the November release we will get more details.

-edit-
    Something I didn't pick up on my first viewing is that there is no wild pokemon battling... while I love the new mechanic of seeing what pokemon are in each area and selecting who to battle or avoid, not being able to whittle down their health and using the very boring "throw a ball" mechanic from Go is disappointing.

I understand this game is not for the 20 year old veterans but for the casual gamer but no wild battles will change the way you level up, train and test out moves. It will be more beginner friendly and may streamline the story mode a bit but it will feel very strange whilst playing it.

The second player drop in will be fantastic if my wife starts up her own save, she enjoys go because she doesn't have to grind to level up and because she can never remember the type advantages. to be able to drop in, help her out in some battles then go back to doing what I was doing will be awesome.
    Last edited by i_amtrunks; 30th May 2018 at 07:58 PM.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...-wingman-demo/

I've been following this for a while and I am controversially close to breaking my NO PREORDERS OR KICKSTARTERS rule.

I'm going to make time to play their three mission demo in the next week, and I'd encourage any of the Ace Combat fans on here to do that too.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Although I don't get heavily into the stories, I have liked all the Assassin's Creed games, even ones I was hesitant with like Black Flag. I'm still in France playing Unity and haven't started London/Syndicate yet. (I also skipped Rogue but the remaster has had me reconsider picking that up.)

But anywa, I am considering jumping the queue straight to Origins because it simply looks brilliant. What are the chances though that the game might get a special edition release, like a GOTY release, with the add on missions etc included? Should I hold my breath and cash for a bit longer to see?

Finish off the old games first. Origins has a very different control scheme than the earlier games. So going forward and then back would be potentially very jarring.

PSA: Sony is doing their annual E3 sale they call "Days of Play" starting tomorrow evening on their PlayStation store. Also Big W as usual will have specials at retail for those of you that want physical objects from the 8th to 18th.

I just need to vent a little.

The leaks of games just keep coming. 2018 in video games will be the year that everyone had their products leaked. At this point there is going to be no secrets left for next week. For me the reveals at E3 are the closest thing to having that feeling of surprise from opening presents on Christmas day as a child that I had no idea I was getting. This year has been completely ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Finish off the old games first. Origins has a very different control scheme than the earlier games. So going forward and then back would be potentially very jarring.
    Good idea

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    PSA: Sony is doing their annual E3 sale they call "Days of Play" starting tomorrow evening on their PlayStation store. Also Big W as usual will have specials at retail for those of you that want physical objects from the 8th to 18th.
    The Big W website has some great prices listed - but for games that you can't buy online and when you try to find a store with stock it says there's none within 2000 kms... so that's kinda pointless. I'm checking the Playstation store now.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The Big W website has some great prices listed - but for games that you can't buy online and when you try to find a store with stock it says there's none within 2000 kms... so that's kinda pointless. I'm checking the Playstation store now.
    Try JB Hifi, they have most of the PS4 first party exclusives for really good prices as well (~$20).
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

I did look around but no one else had Metal Gear Solid 5 to $10 or Marvel vs capcom Infinite for $20 like the Big W website promised.

The PS4 store has a $30 price on Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition thats tempting me.

This wrap up of PS4 games on special is really good though
    https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/383305