Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Bumblebee Movie (2018) - release dates and details

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Oh well, I’ve still got all the cheap TR Seasprays I picked up for the party bags
    best goodie bag EVER!
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Oh well, I’ve still got all the cheap TR Seasprays I picked up for the party bags

That's awesome. Reminds me of 1986 when my mother bought a trolley load of $5 Kups and that became "gift fodder" for all my friends.

Galvatran Guest

Five bucks was a lot of dosh back in '86. Unlike today where you'd get little to no change from a cup of coffee.

Paramount Australia's Facebook page posted a December 20 release date on 3 August

I'd trust them over IMDB

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Paramount Australia's Facebook page posted a December 20 release date on 3 August

I'd trust them over IMDB
    Cheers for the heads up mate - maybe I had better wait until closer to the date and all the conflicting info disappears before we make a definitive decision

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

I'd trust them over IMDB
    Thanks for that. I've shared it to our fb page too.

So it took Paramount Australia until August 6th to officially announce the Australian release date, just four months away... I wonder why it took so long.
    IMDB isn't too bad for info though, and until ten days ago, the Australian release date (which was previously December 20th, and then later changed to December 26th), could have been from insider sources detailing preliminary dates. Otherwise, how would they have so many release dates listed before they are officially revealed, and any that are wrong, or have changed, at least IMDB is updated accordingly (the did have December 20th listed at one stage, so maybe it was Paramount who changed the date twice before officially adding it to promotional posters).

I find IMDB is a bit like a wiki - info comes in from all sorts of people, and is only as accurate as the most reliable source (until an official source releases the info).

(the other thing to be mindful of, is the release date can still change at any time before its release - sometimes by a few days like previous Transformers Movies, and in some rare occasions, by a several months)

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    Five bucks was a lot of dosh back in '86. Unlike today where you'd get little to no change from a cup of coffee.
    Still worked out to be about 80% off the toy's RRP. It would be the equivalent of buying a Voyager Class Transformer today for $10.

The running time has been announced, at 1 hour and 54 minutes, which is about 30 minutes shorter than the previous shortest one (2007 Movie), and almost an hour shorter than TF4, which was at 2 hours and 45 minutes.

The rating in America has also been revealed as well, with a PG-13 rating... which could end up being PG rated here, or M if the "sequences of sci-fi action violence" is enough to push it up into that rating here.

Shorter run time is a good thing imo. The Bayformers movies felt so bloated in and got worse in each subsequent film.

Galvatran Guest

Shorter movie running time makes total sense. No T&A's in this movie.