Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Big W Toy Sale June 21 to July 11 (not many TF products this year) :(

Macquarie had no leaders, and apparently none on order. They rang Top Ryde for me but they only have Rodimus. No mention of pallets out back or taking down details.

Also tried Warringah Mall to no avail.

Those were the only 2 stores showing stock, apparently.

EDIT: aaaand, that's Macquarie out. No PotP leaders anywhere. Looks like I won't be getting my Prime. Should've been smart enough to grab it last weekend and then refund/repurchase :-(
    Last edited by zzyss; 22nd June 2018 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Alsothey didnt happen to have more of these did they? It's a bit of a trek but if they have a good range of TLK premium deluxes for $20 I'd consider making the effort lol
    They had a Drift (the red one) they might have had something else but that is all I remember seeing. I took the last crosshairs

Quote Originally Posted by zzyss View Post
    Macquarie had no leaders, and apparently none on order. They rang Top Ryde for me but they only have Rodimus. No mention of pallets out back or taking down details.

Also tried Warringah Mall to no avail.

Those were the only 2 stores showing stock, apparently.

EDIT: aaaand, that's Macquarie out. No PotP leaders anywhere. Looks like I won't be getting my Prime. Should've been smart enough to grab it last weekend and then refund/repurchase :-(
    Mate, the leaders (Studio seizes only) are further along the isle from the regular transformers spot, closer to the warehouse doors at the back of the store at big W Macquarie. When I was there, they found a box with one prime and a rodimus in it, I got the prime, I can't imagine they only got one case. It's hard in these situations, but sometimes it does help to ask if they have any more out the back. There must be more stock on the way, it feels like a massive missed opportunity.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Mate, the leaders (Studio seizes only) are further along the isle from the regular transformers spot, closer to the warehouse doors at the back of the store at big W Macquarie. When I was there, they found a box with one prime and a rodimus in it, I got the prime, I can't imagine they only got one case. It's hard in these situations, but sometimes it does help to ask if they have any more out the back. There must be more stock on the way, it feels like a massive missed opportunity.
    Cheers for that. I did check at the service desk, and they pulled up the stock report on a handheld thingy, which said that had no more left of the PotP Leader assortment product code, with none on order. Then waited around 10-15 minutes while they called around all the other stores listed as showing stock for that product code. The person who served me must've been a manager, 'coz she was answering questions from all the other service desk staff doing returns and stuff while she was on hold on the phone.

So yeah, I agree a pretty big missed opportunity for Hasbro, unless they have some deliberate reason for withholding stock like preventing price signalling or something.

Brisbane city BigW this morning had SS Grimlock, Dread, Stinger, and Ratchet.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I almost walked out of work today with a Voltron set. So glad I didn't cause I'm trying to keep money in my pocket instead of sitting on my shelf.

After checking out just about all of the Brisbane BigW's south of the river in the last three days, the word I got from most of them is that they didn't get much stock of the POTP Leaders... and most were sold out of the black Rodimus and Optimal Optimus before the sale started, or within the first hours of the official start of the sale (Thursday 21st).

Which isn't too surprising, as it was the first release of those two toys in Australia, and BigW's regular price was cheaper than all other retailers here, and making it acceptable to those who really wanted them.
    If you are still finding them in other parts of the country, then maybe Brisbane was just really unlucky with the amount of stock allocated to our stores.

I might still check out the last two BigW's south of the river tomorrow, but I don't expect to find Optimal Optimus at either of them.
    I think I was just lucky to find a black Rodimus on Wednesday night, after the sale prices kicked in, because I haven't seen one in any of the other stores since then.

A couple of the stores also noted that they don't expect to get any more Transformers stock in during the sale, as they already received all of their toy sale stock before it started.

A salesperson at BigW told me today that they're expecting more stock every day during the toy sale period so it might be worth checking back regularly.

If you still can't find what you're looking for, remember the other stores have price matching policies.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    They had a Drift (the red one) they might have had something else but that is all I remember seeing. I took the last crosshairs
    Cheers, I might go have a look if I have a chance. And gives me the opportunity to check another bigw since if they are restocking often might find a primal eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I almost walked out of work today with a Voltron set. So glad I didn't cause I'm trying to keep money in my pocket instead of sitting on my shelf.
    Netflix or classic? I’ve seen neither in store yet and the classic one has been unavailable on the website since before the sale began.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Netflix or classic? I’ve seen neither in store yet and the classic one has been unavailable on the website since before the sale began.
    If you're lucky they might have the classic still at werribee plaza, I saw *one* at the bottom of the stack

I'd get it but I bought the lions individually...if only I had known ><