Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden Lagoon sets and MP Shadowpanther now out in Australia

Default Golden Lagoon sets and MP Shadowpanther now out in Australia

Thanks to a sighting by member Miles_Prower, we have three new exclusives out in Australia, found at Mr Toys Toyworld (the 20+ Toyworld stores owned by one company, but only located in SE QLD).
    Hopefully they show up at regular Toyworlds as well, or at the very least, on the Mr Toys website. If they do, we'll update this news posting.

Shadow Panther - was meant to be at ToysRUs last year, but that retailer shut down before it was released. It's $129 this time, which is $19 more than what TRU were pre-selling theirs for, but it should still be cheaper than importing one, as it was originally about AU$115 in Japan.

Golden Lagoon 3-pack - $129 (a great price, as it would have cost about AU$115 in Japan when it was released, BEFORE shipping)

Golden Lagoon Starscream - $80 (not a great price, as it was originally about AU$55 on release... but might be a lot more on the secondary market by now)
    Buying both together offsets one bad price with one great one.

Well that’s a surprise find!

This is really cool. I’d love to get one of the three packs, hopefully they come to Victoria.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

If, by some chance, someone is looking at splitting a Golden Lagoon set... I am interested in Beachcomber (only).

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Holy cow, I'd given up hope of MP Shadow Panther ever appearing here.
    I guess this means that I can now reveal that I worked on translating the bio/instructions on this toy (like over a year ago!).

It was mostly a straight translation job as there isn't really a Western/Anglophone counterpart to cross-adapt it with. I modified the names of the weapons. The gut gun is called "Shadow Mist" in Japanese but I've called it "Shadow Mist Gun." And the tail gun is called "Panther Shot" which sounds like something that happens as a result of hunting (), so I've called it "Shot Gun" or "Pantherine Shot Gun."

I invented a motto for Shadow Panther which is, "Qui hodie Maximalia sunt cras ferrum collectaneum erunt" = "Today's Maximals are tomorrow's scrap metal."
    (the motto appears in both Latin and English)
    This is of course a variation of Ravage's motto, I've just replaced "Autobots" with "Maximals."

Great to see more TF variety being made available locally.

Doh! I would have he'd out for an English bio but already imported.

Goktimus, did the bio link him to Ravage other than the motto (as the US release did), or write him up as a separate character. I'm still going to pretend he's Ravage but would be nice to know if its official
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

That's quite surprising seeing those hit our shores at all. I may pick one up of I can find them.

Please Toyworld bring them to Victoria, show us that you care!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Goktimus, did the bio link him to Ravage other than the motto (as the US release did), or write him up as a separate character. I'm still going to pretend he's Ravage but would be nice to know if its official
    Separate character.

The bio doesn't really focus much on the character beyond what the original BW toy's tech specs bio does, but rather it focuses more on describing the history of the toy. It's more of an encyclopaedic description of Shadow Panther with a pinch of character bio.