Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi fellow supernerds!

Default Hi fellow supernerds!

Hi everyone. My name is Ken and I'm a massive supernerd. I live in the Blue Mountains in NSW. I'm a mechanic and spraypainter by trade and am heavy into car stuff. I'm a massive V8 supercar and historic racing fan (pretty much any form of motorsport) and am into customs, hot rods, muscle cars, pretty much any old cars with metal bumpers.
    I've been collecting comics since high school and am interested in most "nerd" stuff (funnily enough not computer games). I collect a wide variety of stuff, comics was one of my first collections, mainly Spider-man (about a dozen boxes) and some other Marvel stuff but i like to read all comics and follow most comic universes.
    I have a large 1:18 model car collection and a complete vintage star wars figure collection.
    I'm also a massive Transformer fan from the 80's. Its easily my favourite cartoon growing up. I only have a small Transformers collection at the moment but am hoping to increase its size.
    I'm proud to say i've brought out the inner nerd in many of my friends, I like what i like and don't care what people think.
    Clearly I'm a little OCD (aren't we all) and am on a few forums for my other interests so i thought i would jump aboard a Transformer one. I will post up a pic of my 'bots once when i get a chance.

Welcome to the boards dude!!! Cars rock!!! Whilst I like all types I tend to lean towards turbos and such. But I'm finding that I'm losing interest as time goes by and trying to pay the mortgage off faster.

Anyway, who's your favourite TF? Why? And post pics of your collection!

Cheers!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Welcome to the board, I'm not a big car fan myself but there are plenty on this board (I think)

Welcome to the boards Brother!
    I'm a car guy too and a mechanic by trade (not any more), drive a R33 gtst. Brother is also a mechanic and races at winton a heap.
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Heh, I'm also not much of a gamer. Much prefer playing with toys.

mabuhay! Welcome to the forum! We here love looking at collections so post them pics when you can!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Not really a car fan but I do drive a SV8 which has had a bit of work done to it. Getting around 300kw at the flywheel which is plenty for me... until I decide to put a supercharger on it
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Welcome mate.
    looking forward to seeing pics of your car and Star Wars collection too.

Here are some pics of some of my stuff

This is my small Transformer collection. They are mostly from my childhood.
    Soundwave is from my best mate which he found in an attic recently, i just need to get his guns and missiles (bloody hard to find seperately).
    The only G2 is Vortex and Blaster and his cassettes are a re-issue that i got for my birthday from my mates. I also have some others in not so good condition that aren't on display (they will be for the kids to play with).
    My goal is to get a few of the combiners, Defensor and Bruticus are my first goal, maybe Superion and Devastator as well. I also would like a few Dinobots
    and jet Decepticons, I reckon they are the best old ones that look good in robot and vehicle form.

Unfortunately my Star Wars figures are in a draw as i don't have any display cabinets for them yet. I would like to get some of those perspex wall mounted ones.

Here are some other things i have

and i got these just the other day because it was a bulk lot and they were cheap (plus the animated DC universe is the best cartoon universe).

Welcome.

I was a parts interpreter for 7 years so I'm a bit of a car fan too. However as a mechanic/spray painter who collects Spiderman I believe you will get along a fellow member named Loophole quite well
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503