Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movie Ironhide Help

Default Movie Ironhide Help

Hey Guys, long time no post

As you may or may not know, I have been out of the collecting game for a LOOOONG time now, and occasionally browse the shelves and check websites for curiosity's sake, but lately it's been very rare..

Anyway, my Bro's 31st is coming up, and he's recently decided that he wants to start collecting ALL things Ironhide. So he's set me out to get him a "movie" version.

I know he already has The "regular class" Orginal black Ironhide released with the FIRST movie (was it voyager class? I have no idea..)

Anyway, so I was thinking about getting him a Ironhide from the LATEST movie. I have only these rules when it comes to buying a Ironhide for him:

-it MUST transform (no statues/molds whatever, it has to Transform lol)
    -Doesn't matter WHAT size class (price isn't REALLY an issue)

That's about it, so my question is how many variations are there on the market?
    Which one do you guys think is the BEST one?
    And where's the best place to generally aquire them? For example, is one chain generally stocking things cheaper these days?

I have aboustley NO idea what is out there, so any help would be great guys..

P.S. I had a sale thread up over a year ago flogging of my collection. I have recently been re-consolidating my remaining collection/photographing them/deciding what to keep etc and will be posting a new sale thread within the next few months.. so keep any eye out. Thanks again peeps

Quote Originally Posted by Jimreborn View Post
    ... I have aboustley NO idea what is out there, so any help would be great guys...
    To answer this...
    The only ones, that i know of are voyager classes and they are

• "Ironhide (2007)"
    • "Premium Ironhide "
      (IMO better paint job in some areas , over the top in others. )
    • "Rotf Ironhide"
      (Grey NEST paint in vehicle mode ,new Cannons that form a turret at the back and not fuel tanks as the 2007 ones and new head )

and i think a upcoming one "Jungle Ironhide" where his bumper bar turns into a crossbow or something..."Don't know what the release date is though if they are".

Edit:added quote 15/08/09.
    Last edited by G1Optimal; 15th August 2009 at 01:35 PM.

This may help, but I'd see of your brother doesn't mind waiting 'til next year for the upcoming Jungle Attack version instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    This may help, but I'd see of your brother doesn't mind waiting 'til next year for the upcoming Jungle Attack version instead.
    Thats the one....

Movie 2007 Offroad ironhide...

I think Jimreborn means Ironhides from RotF.
    I was kinda hoping he'd be in a jungle camo paintjob, but no go. Check out here for images of full-o'-guns Ironhide and a whole bunch of other drool-worthy TF goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    I think Jimreborn means Ironhides from RotF.
    I was kinda hoping he'd be in a jungle camo paintjob, but no go. Check out here for images of full-o'-guns Ironhide and a whole bunch of other drool-worthy TF goodness.
    I know he already has The "regular class" Orginal black Ironhide released with the FIRST movie (was it voyager class? I have no idea..)
    i understand he wants a normal ironhide

my answer is for the below as with G1Optimal's post as an add-on

That's about it, so my question is how many variations are there on the market?

movie 2007 - black
    premuim - black repaint
    offroad - blue
    rotf - grey
    2010 jungle

FAB
    black
    grey
    rotf black/red
    Last edited by Autocon; 15th August 2009 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    i understand he wants a normal ironhide

my answer is for the below as with G1Optimal's post as an add-on

Whoops!
    "Sorry should of quoted the bit where Jimreborn said he didn't know what version there are out there of the Movie Ironhide...

So i guess it would be What Iceburn said...

Could be, I was going by this

Anyway, so I was thinking about getting him a Ironhide from the LATEST movie.
    Either way he's got a few lists of pretty much every movie Ironhide out there, so our work here is done no matter which it was.

Just to be safe though, more Ironhide goodness ahoy!
    There're a lot of Ironhides out there.