Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Movie 10th anniversary toys from Japan

Regarding HA soundwave, I believe he was a relatively limited release and unpainted

IIRC there was mold degradation on the Leader Prime. The Ultimate APS set that was released earlier had issues on the feet if I remember correctly.

Hoping they have fixed it. The OCD in me has it already ordered to complete my collection. Would be great to know this is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by dsphatlite View Post
    IIRC there was mold degradation on the Leader Prime. The Ultimate APS set that was released earlier had issues on the feet if I remember correctly.

Hoping they have fixed it. The OCD in me has it already ordered to complete my collection. Would be great to know this is fixed.
    That's the first I've read of that. If there is an issue with the feet on APS-01U, mine doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    That's the first I've read of that. If there is an issue with the feet on APS-01U, mine doesn't have it.
    Yeah just did a quick Google and there are posts in regards to it. Back in 2015.

Still love mine regardless. Just hope they made new molds at least for this release.

I am still looking for that MB-11. It looks pretty darn sweet to me.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

The first four were released today in Japan.
    I didn't even realise they were getting an early month release (most TFs toys are released at the end of the month), until I got the payment email from HLJ today.

Sweet!
    But my original login and email (for password reset) were not working so i created a new account, ordered, and tried to view my account but again i could not login!?

I will try login tomorrow but hopefully i have ordered and everything is ok.

Edit: 1hr later and no purchase confirmation ..i thought it was instant.
    Last edited by Deonasis; 4th February 2017 at 07:55 AM.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Sweet!
    But my original login and email (for password reset) were not working so i created a new account, ordered, and tried to view my account but again i could not login!?

I will try login tomorrow but hopefully i have ordered and everything is ok.

Edit: 1hr later and no purchase confirmation ..i thought it was instant.
    See the last few posts in the HLJ topic, as it is a technical issue on their end.

A youtube video was posted up two weeks ago, but it wasn't viewable in Australia, so here is an embedded copy on a Transformers fan page on facebook. It is a two minute video, showing off the toys with stop motion.

Mine arrived this week, of the first wave of eight toys from the beginning of February (they were from HLJ, so I waited until the rest of February
    items were released at the end of the month).

A few photos for others to see, including comparisons with original Hasbro versions. (I didn't buy any of the original Japanese Movie toys, so can't
    say what the differences are to them.)

Some might have some bits/kibble in the wrong spots, because these toys reminded me how much I don't enjoy most of the Movie toys, so I didn't
    really care too much about making them accurate in robot mode... but I wanted these as a commemoration to the 10th anniversary of the Movie toyline.

The weird thing about this series is that there are 11 toys, and 8 of them are in the first wave, leaving just 3 toys for the second wave in March -
    Voyager Grimlock with Optimus figurine, Deluxe Strafe with Bumblebee figurine, and Leader Striker Optimus.
    I've pre-ordered all three toys, but I'm not too excited about the Leader Optimus, as it doesn't look noticeably different to previous versions, so is a
    very expensive large toy just to complete the set of 11 toys. All of the others are noticeably different with their colours or accessories compared
    to earlier versions... and even if they weren't, the smaller figures would be more tolerable with only minor differences.

So the first 8 figures that were released in February were...

MB-01 TF4 Voyager Optimus Prime
    MB-02 TF3 Deluxe Bumblebee (new weapon in place of Mech weapon)
    MB-03 TF2 Voyager Megatron
    MB-04 TF3 Voyager Shockwave
    MB-05 TF2 HFTD Deluxe Ironhide
    MB-06 TF3 Deluxe Ratchet (new weapons in place of Mech weapon)
    MB-07 TF3 Human Alliance Soundwave (minus Laserbeak and Mr Gould)
    MB-08 TF2 Voyager Starscream

The eight toys in their boxes.

The back of the boxes.

On the top, they have a screenshot of the character from one of the Movies... except Soundwave for some reason, showing one of the
    spaceships from DOTM. They also weren't very consistent with taking images from the right movie that each toy originally came from, especially
    Megatron, who had a different form/body to the screenshot on the box.

The images on the sides of the boxes are identical.

The vehicle modes, showing the Decepticon four, outclassing/outsizing the Autobot four.

Now for Robot modes.

Comparisons to the original Hasbro versions.

Ratchet with the brighter green version from TF3. The new one has four new accessories to replace the Mech weapon, with two being hand guns,
    and two being missile pods (on the legs). An oddly large amount of weapons for a medic.

Bumblebee - this photo is the odd one out, as all the others have the old one on the left and the new one on the right... I didn't notice it until posting this up.
    Bumblebee has a new silver hand gun to replace the Mech weapon from TF3, because this version of Deluxe Bumblebee didn't have an arm cannon either.

Ironhide - the least different of this lot, looking mostly identical in vehicle mode, and the legs are the parts most noticeably different in robot mode.

Optimus - my favourite mould from TF4, and now another version for me to add to the collection (I already had 7 of the previous 8 versions of this
    mould, and this one makes it eight out of nine).

Shockwave - blue instead of purple.

Starscream is probably the one with less paint apps, thanks to all those "tattoos" on the TF2 toy. And was this the "best" version of Starscream?
    Thinking about the other options, it probably looks most screen-accurate of the smaller moulds, but I think the TF3 Deluxe Starscream is more
    playable and looks better as a toy.

Soundwave... minus Laserbeak (and Mr Gould). Like Starscream, I think the Deluxe version was better, particularly when it comes to the "tiny legs"
    syndrome that this toy and Starscream both suffer from.

Megatron - a more metallic colouring makes it look less cheap than the Hasbro release, but really bad with the back-kibble. Again, is this the best
    version, since the series is called "The Best"... probably not.

None really jump out as being exceptional to recommend getting... and only a few of them have significantly superior colours to warrant getting them.
    I like the new colours of Shockwave and Megatron, and to a lesser extent, Soundwave and Starscream.