Page 4 of 194 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Oops, I meant to translate "Hasbro" as Goodfield Brothers (fixed now). It's a translation of the Jewish-Germanic name "Hassenfeld," cos Hasbro is an abbreviation of the Hassenfeld Brothers, who founded the company. Banded Folksdom is the United States (as both those words come from Latin).

Also, translating even names into Anglocised English words is part of the 'charm' of translating things into "Anglish." It's also different from translating texts to say Old English. The idea is to exclusively use Anglo words, but in their modern form. e.g. the word "brother" is English, but originated from the Old English word "brōthor," but I still use the word 'brother' and not 'brōthor.' So the idea of "Anglish" is to give text a certain level of 'pure English' charm, but without making so archaic that it becomes unintelligible to Modern English speakers.

Why can I get a $1 pull back "penny" racing car with rubber tyres but can't get them on a Masterpiece Transformer?
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    7 years ago I started recreating TFTM with my G1 toys. I've sometimes thought about resuming work on it, but the idea of completing it would be dauntingly time consuming. It may be easier if it became a collaborative effort and we collectively completed it. Hhmmm...

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4
    Nice,
    I just read through the first couple episodes.
    I don't think I have the time or resources to contribute constructively but man do I look forward to the day this can be done with Masterpiece transformers. I'll have a pretty happy collection by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Why can I get a $1 pull back "penny" racing car with rubber tyres but can't get them on a Masterpiece Transformer?
    #TIMESCHANGE
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Also because penny racers need the friction in the tyres.

Sometimes I wonder of the toys from the 2000's are the best transformers ever, or it's only that because that was my generation.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    Sometimes I wonder of the toys from the 2000's are the best transformers ever, or it's only that because that was my generation.
    It's just your generation. your oh so young generation.

I remember G1 with incredible fondness, then I dig out the toys and they are excellent, for their time. I think the best we've had ever as a "general release group" would probably be Generations over the last 5 to 10 years.

The best we've had ever in my mind would be masterpiece.

but every line has it's stand out toys, a top 5 from every toy line that's come out would produce a collection of extremely interesting, fun, complex, easy to pose and play with toys.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Nah Cybertron was the best IMO. While I think Masterpiece and Generatikns have awesome figures, I think what you grow up with is what you think are the best. I remember playing with my Cybetron Legends class army...good times.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Oh come on you guys. The best TF toy series ever is obviously Beast Wars, which added new layers of complexity to the transformations, standardised size classes/price points, expanded the use of articulation, improved the sculpting... the list goes on and on. It also had the best TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Oh come on you guys. The best TF toy series ever is obviously Beast Wars, which added new layers of complexity to the transformations, standardised size classes/price points, expanded the use of articulation, improved the sculpting... the list goes on and on. It also had the best TV show.
    Is this where the "trukk not munky" quote goes?