Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage game consoles

Watching Die Hard 2 on the weekend brought back fond memories of Die Hard Trilogy on PS1. It was one of our first PS1 games. The value was amazing with three very different games in one. Each one was very enjoyable. Looked it up then, it's 20 years old now!

Megatran Guest

Paid $3 at an op shop yesterday to see what's inside the packet of the Wing Commander game (1990). 5.25 inch floppy disks with 2 extra secret missions! Brings back fond chidhood memories playing at a friends house.

The price in the advertisement catalogue back in the day was US$69.95.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    5.25 inch floppy disks with 2 extra secret missions!
    Good luck finding the hardware to playback those disk.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Hehe... Did a quick wiki search & the price of the Amiga back in the day was US$1,295 + $300 (for the monitor).

If you are dedicated, ebay is your friend:

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...drive&_sacat=0

Wow, the prices that people place on old junk always amazes me, anywhere up to $200 for an untested (so probably not working) 5.25 floppy drive.
    Makes me think I should put some of the ones I've salvaged from old junk PC's up for sale, I only kept them as a curio of days gone by anyway

Recently I have been fascinated by the Dreamcast. I saw one going cheap on ebay and jumped in. Waiting for it to arrive to have a go at Sega's last hurrah.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Recently I have been fascinated by the Dreamcast. I saw one going cheap on ebay and jumped in. Waiting for it to arrive to have a go at Sega's last hurrah.
    Better late than never, awesome system. Last of the Arcade era

I keep looking at getting old Sega consoles but everything I want to play on them is either available in retro compilations or extremely expensive (I'm looking at you Panzer Dragoon Saga).

I really should get back to looking for PS1 and PS2 disk I want to play again. I really regret being a kid and having to trade towards need games and consoles.

I keep looking at getting old Sega consoles but everything I want to play on them is either available in retro compilations or extremely expensive (I'm looking at you Panzer Dragoon Saga).

I really should get back to looking for PS1 and PS2 disk I want to play again. I really regret being a kid and having to trade towards need games and consoles.
    I remember playing Panzer Dragoon on my friends Dreamcast and thinking it was great.

Man that was a long time ago.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain