Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Encore Devastator packaging pics

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Have you tried returning to the store for an exchange? (I definitely would if I were you)
    Looking at the plastic tray it does seem to be a packing error because it should hold Mixmaster's gun.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If this missing gun is a common occurrence, expect to pay a premium on original Mixmaster guns on eBay.
    The thing with Constructicon parts on eBay is that there are so many KOs. With the little guns, there is just no way to tell whether its an original or KO.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Have you tried returning to the store for an exchange? (I definitely would if I were you)
    Nope. Don't think it works this way since I didn't buy it from a major retail store. I'm pretty sure exchanges are not possible, but also because little stores would not be able to correspondingly exchange with their suppliers.

In the greater scheme of things, I think I may not try (although know that I should).

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    The thing with Constructicon parts on eBay is that there are so many KOs. With the little guns, there is just no way to tell whether its an original or KO.
    It is possible to tell a KO gun from the real one but only in person. I know because I had the chance to compare both as originally I had been sold a KO gun from ebay which I thought looked 'off' but then at the Parra fair, I bought another gun and compared them both. The KO gun is much glossier than the real gun from Jamie's table which was among several legit Constructicons.

Unfortunately this is impossible to tell in photos.

If anyone asks, I gave away the KO gun a long time ago.

no head issue with my set (from HK market, with coin), but there are 2 Scavenger guns and no Mixmaster gun.

Poor Mixmaster, first they rob him of his head, now they want his gun too...
    That sucks man , where are these figures being produced again?

With regards to KOs the guns as kup said are glossier, also the KOs didnt release the guns correctly/ completely... I have a KO devy so I know ( I also have 2 original Devys so I have compared it hehehe). The KO set didnt have guns for Scrapper and Mixmaster, all the rest did but are not as sharp in the edges and are really easy cheap looking plastic when you see it, but yeah... online buying wise it's ahrd to tell unless it's really close up pics - and even that can still fool anyone....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    That sucks man , where are these figures being produced again?
    Made in China. TFs are no longer made in Japan like they used to be....

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    With regards to KOs the guns as kup said are glossier, also the KOs didnt release the guns correctly/ completely... I have a KO devy so I know ( I also have 2 original Devys so I have compared it hehehe). The KO set didnt have guns for Scrapper and Mixmaster, all the rest did but are not as sharp in the edges and are really easy cheap looking plastic when you see it, but yeah... online buying wise it's ahrd to tell unless it's really close up pics - and even that can still fool anyone....
    I guess for Devastator, the key question is which KO. This is a toy that has been KO-ed right from the get go from the 90s KO-ed till the present.

I do have a version in giftset box that came with all the guns (but they were all black). This is a late 90s, early 2000s KO. Not sure whether the guns are glossier or not though. I ended up spraying the whole thing black for kicks and then throwing it away... heh.

Made in China. TFs are no longer made in Japan like they used to be....

I guess for Devastator, the key question is which KO. This is a toy that has been KO-ed right from the get go from the 90s KO-ed till the present.

I do have a version in giftset box that came with all the guns (but they were all black). This is a late 90s, early 2000s KO. Not sure whether the guns are glossier or not though. I ended up spraying the whole thing black for kicks and then throwing it away... heh.
    Hmmm I thought the Tfs are now made in Vietnam, I guess they didnt totally move their prod line entirely to Vietnam.

Yeah I know what you mean about, which KO version, there's this KO giftset ( more recent I believe) of Devy which came with the Legit looking packaging as well. My Ko came with the cheapo packaging so I knew what I was getting in the first place. I wanted it still coz I only had the G2 orange version at those time. But when I migrated here and discovered ebay ( oh woes my wallet) that devy has been relegated to somewhere..... somewhere, hmmm can't think where I put it...

I thought the facebook posts were poor shots coz I noticed the various shades of green , then I saw it here and apparently it IS the norm for this set. ah well. I guess it is their way indeed of setting it apart from KOs and Originals. sure looks kinda weird though in pics. Its like a vintage toy has gone degraded in plastic quality even though it isnt Is the coin thing only for HK released figs?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Used to be? Dude, Transformers haven't been made in Japan for a looong time.

Hang on a sec...

[goes to TF room]

[back to computer]

Okay, I just grabbed a random sample of toys from the mid to late 1980s to check where they were made and I found:
    + 1986 Kup: Made in Japan
    + 1987 Chromedome: Made in Japan
    + 1987 Wingspan: Made in Japan
    + 1987 Lightspeed: Made in Macau
    + 1987 Goldbug: Made in Taiwan
    + 1989 Roughstuff: Made in China

So based on that sample, it appears that Transformers from 1984-86 were made in Japan, but in 1987 they started outsourcing manufacturing outside Japan in places like Macau and the Republic of China (although many 1987 toys were still made in Japan). Then in 1989 manufacturing was also outsourced to the People's Republic of China (although I'm sure some other toys continued to be outsourced in other countries outside Japan too - I cbb going back to my TF room again, but IIRC 1993 G2 Megatron was made in Indonesia).

At any rate, it seems that Transformers haven't been made in Japan for twenty-three years!!

Back when all my TFs were made in Japan -->

I remember when I first got Afterburner in 1987, I did notice that he wasn't made in Japan. In fact, I'd never even heard of Macau before I got Afterburner! (so I learnt something new that day, heh )

Hmmm I thought the Tfs are now made in Vietnam, I guess they didnt totally move their prod line entirely to Vietnam.
    hmmm... that's true. I just checked the box and it says "made in China".

*snip* But when I migrated here and discovered ebay ( oh woes my wallet) that devy has been relegated to somewhere..... somewhere, hmmm can't think where I put it...
    the basement!

I thought the facebook posts were poor shots coz I noticed the various shades of green , then I saw it here and apparently it IS the norm for this set. ah well. I guess it is their way indeed of setting it apart from KOs and Originals. sure looks kinda weird though in pics. Its like a vintage toy has gone degraded in plastic quality even though it isnt Is the coin thing only for HK released figs?
    I don't think TT did it on purpose to set it apart from the vintage, why would they give a flying fart anyway. I think it's more just the cheaper quality plastic that is used nowadays. Cos to be honest, there are mold changes (which meant that they bothered to tweak stuff) and does combine better than the vintage, but then plastic is plastic. If they use the cheap stuff, colours turn out off-green...

Gok, love the photos of kiddy time you and TFs. Keep 'em comin'

I wish (retrospectively) that I have photos of me playing with TFs as a kid or even just a photo of my childhood TFs *tears*

You are lucky that you got '86 and even '87 stuff that is made in Japan. By '86, TFs were already partially made outside Japan. Each of the 1987 large HMs has a Made in Japan version and a Made in Macau/Taiwan version, with the former being denser and better quality than the latter of course.