Page 44 of 72 FirstFirst ... 243439404142434445464748495464 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who thread

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    They say that the danger of the Time Lords coming back wasn't because of the Time Lords themselves, but because of the Daleks restarting the Time War with them. Even if the Time Lords came came back in peace, the Daleks would open fire and the Time War would start all over again.
    That was part of the danger that I was referring to - that their very existence would make them a target or catalyst in creating a war. But that's not logical, as the Daleks were waging war against the entire universe anyway, and would conquer it quicker without a force powerful enough to at least hold them at bay (the Time Lords).
    Just because the "Doctor Who" story universe only focused on the Daleks targeting the Time Lords, it doesn't mean they were the only race they wanted to destroy... it's not like the Daleks would be a quiet peaceful race if the Timelords never came back.
    And yet other races blamed the Timelords (according the Moffat), for being caught up in the crossfire of Timewars... but they would have died at the hands of the Daleks anyway if the Timelords didn't exist to fight back. (that was another flaw of the T.o.t.D. as the Church were trying to prevent a war by keeping the Timelords out of this universe, but in reality it meant no one would then be left to stop the Daleks from taking over the universe)

Apparently from a British TV guide...

Heh, funny cos it's true

I can't believe Bianca is put out by Nikki's arrival in East Enders

Oh and the Doctors description is funny also

Rather enjoyed Matt Smith's parting episode, I enjoyed it all the more after a 2nd viewing.

His parting speech was quite the emotion-jerker, as for me at least this is the 1st Doctor I've had an opportunity to sit through from start to finish and seeing Amelia's visage impart those farewell words really drove the whole thing home.

Capaldi made a brilliant entrance I feel, not liking the colour of his new kidneys made me chuckle quite a bit but I am quite curious to see what happens next though.
    Last edited by Hursticon; 31st December 2013 at 10:18 PM.

When we saw Child Amelia running around the Tardis, I noticed that they kept obscuring her face... to me it looked like a different actress from Caitlin Blackwood (the original actress who played Child Amelia and Karen Gillan's cousin IRL). Caitlin Blackwood would be thirteen now - perhaps she's grown too tall to play Child Amelia? IMO she's growing to look more like Karen Gillan now.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...11ce0cfb8.jpeg

Well she is her cousin

It was definitely a different actress playing young Amelia. Caitlin was having to explain it to people on Twitter.

Yeah I thought that might've been the case - Not to worry, I think they conveyed what they were trying to get across.

I understand why they did it. She is growing up. It happens to kids quite fast