Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 31318192021222324 LastLast

Thread: TFs Q/C problems archive (already damaged in the packaging)

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Opened a perfect mp 11t box to find rudder point broken and nowhere to be found.

No chance for a simple glue it back.

Really hope I am not a regular of this thread.

got MP21R Red Bee yesterday unfortunately one tyre is missing one hole on the steel wheel...im afraid this may happen since i got Yellow Bee (i returned one from TRU before with same issue)

Last edited by ampoldj; 19th January 2016 at 04:43 PM. Reason: added photo

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    got MP21R Red Bee yesterday unfortunately one tyre is missing one hole on the steel wheel...im afraid this may happen since i got Yellow Bee (i returned one from TRU before with same issue)

I think the "rush" to push masterpieces line has greatly affected the quality.

I am just willing to bet some people are thinking I have pure hate for takara Tomy. With that from now on I will not say much. Since people are over protective on what they collect and whatever flaws I post here is of no relevance in terms of the masterpiece line.

They are probably due to my bad luck I am sure everyone else have a good perfect toy.

I love the thundercracker colours, if this was a perfect toy, I will vote it as the best looking seeker till date.

I noticed that this defect is not isolated and was also on a Youtube review as is common that the legs have those stress marks.
    Last edited by drifand; 22nd January 2016 at 03:06 PM.

As I have put a more detailed post in the takara mp-11T thread I'll keep this brief. The piece that the head sits on is back to front meaning to transform him you have to remove the head then put it back on after.

Personally I believe this is rubbish coming from tt but at least it's not broken and I have zero plans to sell him and he will stay in bot mode so not a big issue for me. The next mp I get better exceed my expectations. ( hmm didn't end up being brief did it)

I have checked, mine was installed the correct way. Meaning is a defect on yours.

Must have been sleeping on the job.

Default HotSpot Wrong Hip Joint

Hi Guys, just wondering what peoples experience is with Hasbro Australia and manufacturing defects? I just brought a set of combiner wars (Defensor) of Ebay from local seller all new and unopened. When I opened the Hot Spot I noticed the left and right hip joints didn't quite match. On closer inspection I identified that a left (front) hip jont piece has been installed on the right hip. This prevents the hip joint from rotating outwards past vertical meaning the toy cannot be transformed from robot mode rendering it essentially useless as a combiner. As the toy was not brought from a licensed distributor just hoping I won't be left out in the cold. I could propbably modify the piece with a hacksaw blade and file but this would be a last resort. If Hasbro could send me the part (likely 5c) it would be an easy replacement. Can post photos. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by EvMeister316 View Post
    Hi Guys, just wondering what peoples experience is with Hasbro Australia and manufacturing defects? I just brought a set of combiner wars (Defensor) of Ebay from local seller all new and unopened. When I opened the Hot Spot I noticed the left and right hip joints didn't quite match. On closer inspection I identified that a left (front) hip jont piece has been installed on the right hip. This prevents the hip joint from rotating outwards past vertical meaning the toy cannot be transformed from robot mode rendering it essentially useless as a combiner. As the toy was not brought from a licensed distributor just hoping I won't be left out in the cold. I could propbably modify the piece with a hacksaw blade and file but this would be a last resort. If Hasbro could send me the part (likely 5c) it would be an easy replacement. Can post photos. Cheers.
    Unfortunately, Hasbro doesn't offer replacements or repairs... they will tell you to take it to the retailer for an exchange or refund, who would then get a credit from Hasbro for the lost sale.
    Which means if you bought it in a private sale, you will need to contact the seller about it, for a return or partial refund.

It's one of the benefits of buying from a local retailer, obviously if the item is still available, and they have replacement stock still on shelves when you bring back a faulty product.
    Otherwise, Hasbro will say that it is buyer's responsibility or risk when buying from a non-retail source.

Probably the best you can hope for is a partial refund from the seller, and to locate a cheap loose figure that doesn't have any accessories (because you already have them all) to make it cheaper to buy.

Smile

Thanks Griffen, I would normally try to buy from a local retailer but was a bit late on jumping on the combiner wars train so no locals had stock. May try for a store credit at local Target as I have been lucky getting credit without receipt before, although that was some years ago now....Don't suppose anybody who brought local could help me out with a scan of a receipt.....?

Hacksaw blade and file FTW
    Managed to shave of enough of the hip joint to enable articulation. Very hard to notice defect too!