Page 23 of 105 FirstFirst ... 31318192021222324252627283343 ... LastLast

Thread: The Price Check/What is it worth Thread

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMagnus View Post
    What is it worth?

Classics Ratchet
    Henkei Ratchet

In context this is the last Henkei I need for my collection.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated, but Im more inclined for Henkei Ratchet than any other.
    Universe 2.0 (Classics) Ratchet (if you can find him) should be around $50, whereas Henkei version is about $70-$80 (also if you can find him).

I had a similar dilemma about 3 months ago after I traded away my Universe Ratchet (which I originally paid $30 for) and needed to replace him so I went searching.

To my shock, there were more Henkei versions for sale at the time than Universe ones, and not for a whole lot more money, so I went with the Henkei version as it's paint apps are superior and is more G1 cartoon accurate.

So IMO, pony up the dough and go for the Henkei version (especially with this figure where there's quite a marked difference between the two versions).

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Go for Henkei Ratchet! (If you know someone that lives in Tokyo, I can point him/her to the shop that has the Henkei Ratchet I saw, I think)
    Agreed. Don't settle for less- even though the universe version is pretty good.

Default Any idea of value?

Hi everyone, I bought this recently from my local Big-W. I realy didn't like the series probably because I don't realy like star wars in any capacity. Sorry, no offence to those 'down with the force'.

This 'clone trooper > AT-AE' has been mislabeled at the factory as a 'magnagaurd > magnagaurd starfighter'. (see images)

I'm just curious & only bought it cause it was $15 on special & don't mind if thats all its worth....It's just I have seen some mislabeled TF's sell for alot.

Any input about this inparticular or some president about factory miss-labeled action figures would be cool.

Thanks All!

H

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Hi everyone, I bought this recently from my local Big-W. I realy didn't like the series probably because I don't realy like star wars in any capacity. Sorry, no offence to those 'down with the force'.

This 'clone trooper > AT-AE' has been mislabeled at the factory as a 'magnagaurd > magnagaurd starfighter'. (see images)

I'm just curious & only bought it cause it was $15 on special & don't mind if thats all its worth....It's just I have seen some mislabeled TF's sell for alot.

Any input about this inparticular or some president about factory miss-labeled action figures would be cool.

Thanks All!

H
    Hi there, for $15 it is a bargain of a deal for toy - but it's nothing rare. If you did hold onto it and would sell it later in a few years I can't imagine the value for this toy going down as it is a Transformer. It probably won't go up, but will just stay at $30-$40ish.

By the way - usually you would ask the worthiness of a toy in the 'Price Check/Is this toy worth it' thread, not start a thread on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post

Thanks All!

H
    There are a few vintage mis-labeled TF and SW toys that can fetch high prices, but there is no immediate value for current mis-labeled ones. I'm not aware of any precedents for mis-labeled figures, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Hi there, for $15 it is a bargain of a deal for toy - but it's nothing rare. If you did hold onto it and would sell it later in a few years I can't imagine the value for this toy going down as it is a Transformer. It probably won't go up, but will just stay at $30-$40ish.

By the way - usually you would ask the worthiness of a toy in the 'Price Check/Is this toy worth it' thread, not start a thread on its own.
    Yep, and threads merged.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Default My bad...

Hi Skywarp91 & Tober, Nice to meet you and thank you for imparting your knowledge- Appreciated!

Sorry about starting a new thread ... believe it or not but i like must have searched for half an hour today b4 i 'found' the appropriate place to ask this....Maybe an hour next time.
    I'm becoming more familiar with the boards so & thanks for moving it here so I don't look like a complete (add expletive here).

They were $33.95 reduced to $15 .... there were maybe 12 x magnagards only so i was fortunate to get a cool cheap toy based on the miss-label.I assume it was slightly more popular as clone trooper looks pretty cool in robot mode.

Oh and for anyone that has read my intro including my righteous rants regarding my MISB collecting.... I opened a MP-09 last week!
    Man it was tough (Not the just under MP-05 level complex 'i'm going to snap this arm off soon' transformation - but having to cut the box tape! )

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMagnus View Post
    What is it worth?

Classics Ratchet
    Henkei Ratchet

In context this is the last Henkei I need for my collection.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated, but Im more inclined for Henkei Ratchet than any other.
    It depends what you want, Classics Ratchet is more of a tribute to comic/IDW Ratchet whereas the Henkei is very faithful to the G1 cartoon.

I personally slightly prefer the Classics version as I find it a bit more interesting visually. Having said that, the Henkei does have the nicer shade of white and red...Settling for less with the Classics version though? I don't think so, they both have their pluses and minuses!

Havok: generally speaking accidental variants like a toy being mislabelled or put in an incorrect package or something aren't worth much mostly because while they're very rare, there also isn't much demand for them either.

For example, if I had a MOSC 1984 Bumblebee on Bumblebee card and a MOSC 1984 Bumblebee on Cliffjumper card -- there would be more people wanting to buy the MOSC 1984 Bumblebee on Bumblebee card as opposed to the freak variant on Cliffjumper card. If I auctioned both toys with the same min. reserve price, I'd probably get more people bidding on the one on Bumblebee card than the one on Cliffjumper card. There would only be a relatively few number of people interested in collecting factory errors and willing to pay high prices for them... but quite a few collectors would be very willing to pay for a proper Bumblebee on Bumblebee card.

Hope that made sense.

Basically speaking, for something to be worth heaps it needs to be in short supply with high demand -- a factory error may be in short supply, but there isn't that much demand for them either. Such toys might be worth keeping just for the sheer novelty of it, but I wouldn't necessarily hang onto that toy if you're hoping for it to significantly appreciate in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime
    Universe 2.0 (Classics) Ratchet (if you can find him) should be around $50, whereas Henkei version is about $70-$80 (also if you can find him).
    The full RRP for a Voyager or Ultra for a Deluxe?!? Phwoar! <faints>

hey all...

was hoping a more experienced set of eyes would glance over this for me?

it's an auction for a gen1 dirge misb i'm interested in. just hoping to make sure it's legit

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Ori...item1c17dfc721

thanks in advance

janda

Quote Originally Posted by janda the red View Post
    hey all...

was hoping a more experienced set of eyes would glance over this for me?

it's an auction for a gen1 dirge misb i'm interested in. just hoping to make sure it's legit

http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-Ori...item1c17dfc721

thanks in advance

janda
    It's legit. Dirge hasn't been KO'ed therefore there is only the original and the Chinese Hasbro reissue circulating on the second-hand markets. This one is the 80's version.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]