Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152030 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Sightings

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Just grabbed mine today. Noticed it was double taped. Haven't smuggled it into the house yet... fearful of girlfriend.
    Now you know how I feel.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

yeah, i checked it out and saw the right side double-taped.
    sifun...do you know what's included/taken out???

I haven't opened the paperwork packet, but that looks double taped too. I think they just inserted an English battery warning and probably removed some of the Takara Japanese stuff.

Edit: It's so interesting that Hasbro AU is distributing it. Why would they do this instead of 20th Anniversary?

Edit: It's so interesting that Hasbro AU is distributing it. Why would they do this instead of 20th Anniversary?
    Instead of? I would ask: Why they would do this in addition to 25th Anniversary?

Yeah, that too. I guess a more concise statement question would be: why are they distributing Takara JP stuff instead of Hasbro US?
    Last edited by jaydisc; 5th June 2008 at 08:38 AM.

Ultra Magnus must have been successful for them (depsite all the shelfwarming apperances to the contrary). That or maybe the two versions of Masterpiece Primes sold so incredibly well that they sought out the toy again from Hasbro and could only get the .jp version.

Successful because Target bought a lot of Magni (?). Remember, Hasbro AU sees the stores as their customer base. They don't care if we don't buy it, as long as the stores do.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Well, I called a few Targets and what I got:

- They're expected to be in the big annual toy sale that is on in about 2-3 weeks. I asked one of them if they could hold them for me when they arrive but he said he couldn't b/c it'd be part of the toy sale and he couldn't do that.
    - A lot of customers have been asking about them - at Camberwell particularly in Victoria. Looks like I won't be looking for my Convoy there.
    - Most places receive a shipment once a month. The Box Hill and Forest Hill staff both indicated their last shipment was about 2 weeks ago so the next lot is about 2-3 weeks away which hopefully includes Convoy.

And I learnt that Target consider two of their larger stores to be Greensborough and Chadstone. So there's a chance that those will get more than other outlets.

A bit of a pain, that was 25 mins of my time but at least I didn't have to waste petrol. Back to studying for me now!
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

well i just checked target in civic in the act and they did not have any and the toy lady had not heard about them.....

Just grabbed mine today. Noticed it was double taped. Haven't smuggled it into the house yet... fearful of girlfriend.
    Just got busted!!! She saw him in robot mode on the desk and just assumed it was Movie Leader Prime in robot mode (he's usually on the desk in alt mode), but then she saw the big black box.