Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official pics JP Gaia Unicron, Ironhide, Master Optimus, EX-Master

Default Official pics JP Gaia Unicron, Ironhide, Master Optimus, EX-Master

Posted up on the JP Amazon site are official images of the upcoming JP Arms Micron figures DLX Ironhide, Gaia Unicron (2-pack with Optimus) and Arms Master Optimus (the Weaponiser one, with a Matrix/sword accessory).
    That's three more JP figures TFPrime collectors are probably going to hunt down, because...
    Hasbro has no plans to release Unicron,
    Hasbro has released Ironhide as Kup, with no plans to release it as Ironhide,
    Hasbro is unlikely to release the Matrix Sword, as it needs a bladed Micron on the end... and Hasbro isn't releasing any Microns.

Looks like Unicron has a Micron like everyone else in the JP series, which (to me) didn't make much sense in Armada... and (to me) doesn't make much sense here either... but since it is a toy gimmick for the entire series, they need to have one.

Something I didn't realise until reading the comments at TFW... check out the alt mode of Unicron and look at it upside-down.
    Can you see the giant face of (Gen1) Unicron? If not, check this pic. If you still can't see it... try this pic.
    Until we see the packaging, I doubt anyone still has a clue what Unicron transforms into.

I see his face the right way up. 2 green eyes, mouth, horns. Definitely there.

Woah, that be so freaky. I can't believe I didn't see it before
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Adding in this Seibertron link, as it also includes some official images of upcoming EX-Master toys (which TakaraTomy have now put them in the United series).

WOW, that's very interesting, and if you look at the rest of the alt mode, it kind of looks like a volcano, with the face in the side of it... very exciting. (in the second picture anyway)

I think I might end up chasing this down, I am primarily after figures that have appeared in the show, which is what made Breakdown an essential import, given the apparent odds that he'll ever get released here.

I have heard this Unicron described as a "bag of knives" by the guys on the Radio Free Cybertron Podcast, which I think is a very apt description and most likely one of the main reasons it's not going to be released in the west.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Here's the final (correctly transformed) Unicron head mode.

I'm mirroring the image as it was a facebook one, please don't post the link.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

My girlfriend took one look at that alt mode and instantly said, 'Is that Soft Shelled Crab?!'

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    My girlfriend took one look at that alt mode and instantly said, 'Is that Soft Shelled Crab?!'
    D'oh. I'm just going to see crab now. EVERY. TIME.

Unicorns new beast mode? Softshelled Crab!

Some clearer images of the Unicron toy, as it gets closer to release (apparently at the end of this month).
    It shows that it has shiny parts, which don't look like stickers... which spoiled other ones like Darkness Megatron.