Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Australian Toy & Hobby Fair Transformers

Default 2017 Australian Toy & Hobby Fair Transformers

These are today's photos, posted up in batches, so keep coming back until I note that there are no more.

The Convention Centre, at about 9.40am.

At one of the main entrances.

Inside, at the Hasbro exhibit - so many more exhibitors are walled off now... it was like a maze this year in some parts, when it used to be quite open.

Looking towards the Transformers corner.

The big sword sticking out of the floor at the Transformers corner.

The Generations section.

The Trypticon diorama.

The Movie toyline section.

The RID section.

Part 2....

Generations.

Trypticon diorama.

Heaps of little posts for the Titanmasters (feet) to be plugged into.

Insecticons and Krok having a snack.

Size comparison of Trypticon to the original 80s Trypticon (using the Japanese Gigastorm as a stand-in for the 1985 Trypticon toy).
    The new Trypticon is about double the length, width and height of Gigastorm/Trypticon.

Full-Tilt.

The two samples had different coloured guns for Full-Tilt, so the final version is either black or purple.

Octane with Octone.

Blitzwing.

Seaspray

Ramhorn.

Topspin and Twintwist.

The Titanmaster heads in the exclusive 5-packs that were on display at the New York Toyfair (Thunderwing and Rodimus), were found among the dozens of Titanmsaters in the diorama, and must have been shipped to Australia with the other toys by accident. They were both diecast too (the face part), but Rodimus' face was hand painted, so the final version of that one will look significantly different.
    I had a bit of fun though, sticking the Thunderwing on Full-tilt's body...

...and put Rodimus' head on the Hot Rod body.

The differences between the Rodimus head(red/black) and the Hot Rod head (grey).

Some wave 4 & 5 character cards that were going to be thrown out. Wave 4 (Brawn, Roadburn) are already out, but wave 5 (Seaspray & Cosmos) are still yet to be released.

Any close up shots on the bots? Namely the new Generations and Movie line toys.

So lucky you get to go see these things. Jealous. Star Wars and Transformers.

Part 3...

Movie section.

I didn't get much time with the Movie toys, as I prioritised the Generations toys, because that's the line that fans here are most interested in at the moment. So I didn't get many photos, and most of the ones here are blown up from one photo, so look blurry. I figured I should include these images though, as there wasn't much packaging on display at the New York Toyfair.
    I also wasn't allowed to take photos of the backs of the packaging, in case it reveals co-sell items that aren't to be revealed yet.

Deluxe Barricade and Berzerker.

Deluxe Slug, Slash and Steelbane.

Deluxe Drift (slightly remoulded TF4 toy to resemble a Mercedes), Bumblebee, Sqweeks.

Voyager Megatron & Optimus

Voyager Grimlock and Hound.

Leader Optimus & Megatron.

One-step.

Legion and "3-step".

Robots In Disguise.

Some first looks at toys we already know about, either from the official images at Toyfair New York, or on the game App - Warrior Twinferno, Legion Wildbreak and 1-step Wildbreak.

Warriors.

Twinferno in jet/dragon mode.

Warriors.

Legions.

3-steps, with two new moulds (Grimlock & Soundwave) and three redecos.

One-steps.

Crash Combiners, with Lunar Force PrimeStrong.

Combiner Ultra Bee and a cardboard cutout of Menasor.

Firstly, how bad-a$$ is Squeaks in that fourth photo?!? He looks tougher than I'd have given him credit for.

Great to see new toys on display, quite a scoop. In package photos of Seaspray is cool. I can't wait to get him, and I see Overlord and Blitzwing on the shelf too.
    Quite like the colors, oh and RID Bludgeon looks cool too
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Part 4...

The last few Transformers photos from the Toy & Hobby Fair.

Rescue Bots.
    The primary theme/gimmick this year are the Flip Racers.

The big Optimus below is a pre-production figure, so is missing paint details.

Licensed baby products.

And a recap of the reveal of the Deluxe Misfire and Slugslinger toys, with some extra photos.

The small gathering, with the two Hasbro ladies there, soliciting feedback and opinions on some potential promotional ideas

Some non-Transformers photos will be posted up later, after I get some sleep.

Fantastic coverage Griff!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Fantastic coverage Griff!
    Yep, great job (though one would think as Ozzie of the year you might have taken me along to represent the fandom ).

RID Twinferno looks quite odd. And I'm disappointed that there seems to be no more Salvage toys in the RB line - only character I'm missing and his toys are stupidly expensive online.

Besides that all looks great -certainly a golden time to be a TF collector - especially one who grew up loving G1

Great preview, thanks for putting it together and sharing with us Griffin

Thanks for sharing the photos, Griffin!

Slugslinger and Misfire looks so good! Also happy to see that Full-Tilt is a TM.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!