Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NY Toyfair 2018 TFs Toy displays

FatalityPitt Guest

I think the things I'm more excited for are the Primemasters, namely Bludgeon and Octopunch. I wonder if we'll be getting some homages to some Autobot Pretenders like Doubleheader and Longtooth later down the line. I love the look of Octopunch.

I was excited about Optimus Pimal, but the more I look at it, the more I think "eh, I think I'll fork out for the Masterpeice, or try to track down the original toy from 1998". I've never had an Optimus Primal before (unless you count the bat that came in that 2-pack) and always wanted one, but with this PotP one; I get the impression that the "smaller" Optimus Primal component transforms into that hoverboard thing that the transmetal version of himself use to ride (an idea that I'm not a huge fan of). Dunno. I'll wait and see.

Phew, a few things I was looking forward to revitalising my interest in the series have turned very “meh”. Predating in particular, andidbe willing to bet that the movie series looks nothing like the toys on display. Missing paint apps, different colours, etc.

Good for my wallet and shelf space. I hope the Cyberverse series does well but I fear it is too similar to the Wars series and could be confusing without the media support toy lines seem to require. If marvel movies and Pokémon are struggling to sell and continue to clog up shelves with all their media, advertising and history, transformers will struggle even more.

Which is a shame as all the toys look like they are well designed and in a wide variety of price points, just not for me at the moment.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Based on Hasbro's form, I bet there will be an SDCC Exclusive Predaking with the swords and perhaps some more metallic accents. We've seen similar things happen with Devastator, Fort Max and Metroplex.
    Yeah but Trypticon got no SDCC version and the LG release is identical to Hasbro's.

Currently on the way back from Wonder Festival after having the opportunity to get up close to most of these figures and things are looking bleak for my wallet in 2018!
    The Predaking on display was a grey prototype but it has alleviated my fears that he looked too lanky. In person he seems very solid and well proportioned.
    I thought I was done with Bayformers, but Blackout and Grimlock look incredible and there is no way I will go without owning the pair. Will probably even pick up Stinger just for being a fantastic representation of a Pagani given his size class.
    Op Primal and Abominous are winners too, though Abominous was not as impressive when displayed next to the aforementioned, as well as MP Dinobot.

(added in some more links to the first post, from BWTF and Seibertron)

From the Rescue Bots press release & official images at the BWTF link...

PLAYSKOOL HEROES TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS KNIGHT WATCH OPTIMUS PRIME Set
    (HASBRO/ Ages 3-7 years/Approx. Retail Price: $24.99/ Available: Spring 2018
    Little heroes can imagine helping KNIGHT WATCH OPTIMUS PRIME save the day in medieval times! Kids can pretend to march into battle with OPTIMUS PRIME as a heroic knight, wielding the two MINI-CON figures as a shield and lance. The KNIGHT WATCH OPTIMUS PRIME figure and his MINI-CONS are designed with easy-2-do conversion, so kids can easily convert from knight to T-Rex with one simple step as they race to the rescue! The MINI-CON figures also convert into a stegosaurus and a velociraptor for an even bigger adventure! Includes KNIGHT WATCH OPTIMUS PRIME figure and SCALE THE SHIELD-BOT and LANCE THE RAPTOR-BOT MINI-CON figures.

PLAYSKOOL HEROES TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS FLIP RACERS BLURR REVERSE RACEWAY Set
    (HASBRO/ Ages 3-7 years/Approx. Retail Price: $19.99/ Available: Spring 2018)
    Stunts, speed, and epic surprises await with the BLURR REVERSE RACEWAY set! For daring stunt action, simply load the included BLUR FLIP RACERS figure into the launcher and push down the lever to send him racing up the vertical tower to the landing platform at the top. Once atop the tower, the BLURR figure will automatically convert from vehicle mode to robot mode right before your eyes! To add to the fun, little adventurers can then send him racing back down the tower and around the track -- backwards! At the end of the track, watch as the figure launches off the ramp, auto-converting in midair to land in bot mode. Kids will love watching BLURR’S incredible flips and tricks! The BLURR REVERSE RACEWAY set is compatible with other PLAYSKOOL HEROES TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS FLIP RACERS figures (each sold separately). Includes REVERSE RACEWAY track and BLURR FLIP RACERS figure.

PLAYSKOOL HEROES TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS FLIP RACERS PULLBACK ASSORTMENT
    (HASBRO/ Ages 3-7 years/Approx. Retail Price: $12.99/ Available: Fall 2018)
    Pull ‘em back and let ‘em race to the rescue! This fast-wheeling assortment contains pull-back action FLIP RACERS figures for release-and-race fun! Sized right for small hands, each FLIP RACERS PULLBACK vehicle converts to a recognizable RESCUE BOTS character with 1 easy flip! Kids can watch these figures race off by simply pulling them back and releasing them! Each FLIP RACER figure comes with stunt accessories for exciting stunt action! Figures include BLASTOFF BLADES, BUMBLEBEE, QUICKSHADOW, HEATWAVE THE FIRE-BOT and SPEEDSTER BOULDER (each sold separately).

PLAYSKOOL HEROES TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLIND BAGS
    (HASBRO/ Ages 3-7 years/Approx. Retail Price: $2.99Available: Fall 2018)
    Small but mighty, these RESCUE BOTS characters are here to save the day! These 2.5-inch figures have removable arms that include cool features, such as CHASE THE POLICE-BOT’S capture claw and
    HEATWAVE THE FIRE-BOT’S fire axe! With so many characters, little heroes can collect them all! (Each sold separately.)

PLAYSKOOL HEROES TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS OFF-ROAD RESCUE HOT SHOT Figure
    (HASBRO/ Ages 3-7 years/Approx. Retail Price: $24.99/ Available: Fall 2018)
    Meet the newest hero from the TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS ACADEMY entertainment, OFF-ROAD RESCUE HOT SHOT! This 10-inch tall converting figure features a button on his chest to activate awesome lights and sounds! With “Easy 2 Do” conversion, kids can transform HOT SHOT from a figure into an awesome rescue vehicle to save the day!

PLAYSKOOL HEROES TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BUMBLEBEE RESCUE GUARD Figure
    (HASBRO/ Ages 3-7 years/Approx. Retail Price: $39.99/ Available: Fall 2018)
    Little heroes can power up their favorite RESCUE BOTS figure with realistic lights and sounds! This 10-inch tall RESCUE GUARD BUMBLEBEE figure easily converts into a race car and comes with two 4.5" RESCUE DOG figures for even more action packed fun. Perfect for small hands, the RESCUE DOG figures quickly convert into armor and rescue tools that attach to the BUMBEBLEE figure in either vehicle or bot mode! Kids can assist BUMBLEBEE in action-packed fun as he races in to save the day!

PLAYSKOOL HEROES TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS RESCAN Assortment
    (HASBRO/ Ages 3-7 years/Approx. Retail Price: $9.99/Available: Now)
    The RESCUE BOTS are back and ready to roll with a team of recruits! Kids can easily convert the MEDIX THE DOC-BOT, HOIST THE TOW-BOT, QUICKSHADOW, and BOULDER THE CONSTRUCTION-BOT figures from bot to vehicle as they play out exciting, imaginative adventures. In 2018, HEATWAVE THE FIRE-BOT, BUMBLEBEE, CHASE THE POLICE-BOT, SALVAGE, BLADES THE FLIGHT-BOT, and OPTIMUS PRIME will join the RESCAN assortment. Each sold separately.

PLAYSKOOL HEROES TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS EPIC FIGURE Assortment
    (HASBRO/ Ages 3-7 years/Approx. Retail Price: $9.99/Available: Now)
    Little heroes can join in on epic RESCUE BOTS adventures with the TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS EPIC FIGURE assortment’s recruits! Standing at 12-inches tall, the OPTIMUS PRIME figure will be added to the mega-sized assortment in 2018. When little ones are ready to begin their mission, open each figure’s chest to reveal a command center for the 2.5-inch RESCUE BOTS mini-figures (sold separately)!

PLAYSKOOL HEROES TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS FLIP RACERS SINGLES Assortment
    (HASBRO/ Ages 3 –7 years /Approx. Retail Price: $5.99/ Available: Now)
    TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS FLIP RACERS vehicles offer a new way to play! By easily converting from vehicle to bot mode with a simple flip, little ones can race and roll to the rescue! The FLIP RACERS SINGLES vehicles includes four favorite characters – BOULDER THE CONSTRUCTION-BOT, BUMBLEEBEE, BLADES THE FLIGHT-BOT, HEATWAVE THE FIRE-BOT AND QUICKSHADOW (sold separately).

PLAYSKOOL HEROES TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS FLIP RACERS Multipack Assortment
    (HASBRO/ Ages 3 –7 years /Approx. Retail Price: $15.99/ Available: Now)
    Help is on the way! When the mission calls for a full rescue team, the TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS FLIP RACERS Multipack provides the perfect pals to save the day for whatever is in store. Little heroes can roll their three FLIP RACERS vehicles into action. TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS FLIP RACERS Multipack includes three FLIP RACERS vehicles, available in two themed 3 packs. (Each pack sold separately.) Kids can imagine speeding to the rescue with the GRIFFIN ROCK EXTREME TEAM pack, featuring OPTIMUS PRIME, CHASE THE POLICE-BOT, and BLURR FLIP RACERS figures! Or race to the scene of an emergency with the GRIFFIN ROCK OFF-ROAD RESCUE pack, featuring BRUSHFIRE, BUMBLEBEE, and CHASE THE POLICE-BOT FLIP RACERS figures! Each pack sold separately.

PLAYSKOOL HEROES TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS RESCUE MINI-CON Assortment
    (HASBRO/ Ages 3-7 years/Approx. Retail Price: $4.99/Available: Spring 2018)
    Grab a buddy and get ready for action with the TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS RESCUE MINI-CON assortment! Sized right for little hands, these bots can easily convert from animal mode to tool mode or bot mode in one simple step. Little heroes can imagine the biggest adventures with these small robotic sidekicks, including DRAKE THE DRAGON-BOT, HEATWAVE THE RESCUE DINO-BOT, CHASE THE RESCUE DINO-BOT, and FREEZERBURN MINI CONS figures! Each figure is compatible with the RESCAN Assortment (Each sold separately).

PLAYSKOOL HEROES TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS 10-INCH Converting Bot Assortment
    (HASBRO/ Ages 3-7 years/Approx. Retail Price: $19.99/Available: Now)
    BOULDER THE CONSTRUCTION-BOT is tougher than ever as a 10-inch converting figure in backhoe mode! Sized right for small hands, BOULDER THE CONSTRUCTION-BOT figure features easy-to-do conversion from bot to backhoe vehicle. Kids can imagine dangerous earthquakes or rockslides, then send BOULDER THE CONSTRUCTION-BOT in to use his mighty backhoe scoop! RESCUE BOTS fans can get ready to dive into deep sea adventures with HIGH TIDE! The HIGH TIDE figure can fully convert from bot mode to RESCUE RIG ship for epic rescue missions. Featuring easy-to-do conversion and a rescue crane, this 10’’ tall figure is ready to take on his next assignment! The assortment also includes an OPTIMUS PRIME figure that converts from semi-truck to bot mode and a NIGHT RESCUE HEATWAVE who converts from fire truck to bot mode. Each sold separately.

PLAYSKOOL HEROES TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS FLIP RACERS CHOMP AND CHASE RACEWAY Set
    (Ages 3 –7 years /Approx. Retail Price: $29.99/ Available: Now)
    Little heroes can imagine high-speed, dino-sized adventures with the FLIP RACERS CHOMP AND CHASE RACEWAY set! Sized right for little hands, this exciting playset includes a mischievous MORBOT figure kids can launch, race, and try to capture. Launch the MORBOT vehicle through the track to activate a pop-up image of CHASE THE POLICE-BOT. Launch the MORBOT vehicle again to activate OPTIMUS PRIME’s chomping jaws and drop the MORBOT figure into the jail cell! Gotcha! The day is saved thanks to the RESCUE BOTS and great teamwork! The TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS FLIP RACERS CHOMP AND CHASE RACEWAY set comes with a 2.5” tall MORBOT flip racer vehicle and CHOMP AND CHASE RACEWAY set, and is compatible with the other FLIP RACERS vehicles (sold separately).

(that's a lot of product for a year without a new cartoon season to promote these particular toys with)

Added in links to more official images that Hasbro released in the last day - Cyberverse, Studio Series, and POTP.
    Last edited by griffin; 20th February 2018 at 10:42 PM.

Anyone liking the new movie series? Hope they bring out a voyager bonecrusher. Alas they are all revealed now. I reckon they are vast improvements and hastak have done themselves proud.