Thread: Classic Ozformers Newsletters - Issue #12 (Sept 1997)

Default Classic Ozformers Newsletters - Issue #12 (Sept 1997)

On our first birthday, the newsletter issue was printed up with a fluro yellow cover, and the title image of Outback was celebrating it in full party mode.
    I also started generating a text version to email to people who couldn't afford the printed version.

Check it out here.

With 12 issues under our belt, the newsletter was in full swing, packed with features and regular sections by now. We even had a competition to give away a free toy that wasn't even available here at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I also started generating a text version to email to people who couldn't afford the printed version.
    I'm actually surprised I was getting the newsletter as early as 1997. I was an unemployed Uni student so free email newsletters were good

I remember this newsletter! I'm sure Sept 1997 was when (or around when) I found out about Austrans... hrmmm... maybe I'd gotten griffin's email address then but hadn't officially joined yet. I was still living in Japan at the time - I think I "officially" joined when I returned to Australia in 1998, but IIRC you'd been saving up back issues from when I expressed interest or whatever... cos I definitely remember getting the printed version of this newsletter.