Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Overseas sightings: Japan

Be needing a detailed report please

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Just confirming Manadrake and other shops accept visa? Or Cash only? Just making final checks - I dont want to rock up and find I have to leave something I really want!

uteiki is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

yes Mandarake & most other shops accept credit card... prob visa or mastercard... amex is not too popular there...

OH wow, WST for that much only!!!, Soundwave no less, one of my sought after WSTs!!. love those pictures you got posted at facebook, everything seems so .... quiet. Where are the photos of toy shops you raided? heheheh. Til when is the holidays? hope the shops open up soon so you can enjoy splurging on the Tfs
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

For those planning to visit japan soon - cheap airfare

http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/45585
    LF: G1/Henkei/SOC/others
    For Sale/Trade:Misc TF Sale
    Want List: WSTs, SCF PVCs, Henkei, Classics

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Just confirming Manadrake and other shops accept visa? Or Cash only? Just making final checks - I dont want to rock up and find I have to leave something I really want!
    Yes indeed Visa for most shops but it's always handy to have it in cash

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    For those planning to visit japan soon - cheap airfare

http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/45585
    Wow at those prices you could make a weekend shopping trip lol

Default Greetings from Japan

Greetings from Japan my fellow otca members!

I was going to write this last night but had been awake for just over 38 and every time I blinked my eyelids were trying to stay closed.

Even thought it was hectic got to Bic Camera in Ginza.

Wow what an awesome place! First I walked around the tv areas of course doing the price conversions in my head to australia dollers. But then made my way to level B2 where the good stuff is - the transformers. Plenty of DoTM Japan excelusives here Vortex, Air Raid? and several others with the japanese exclusive sticker on them. All these were priced at 2180 yen. I got some photos and headed off. Also stumbled upon a toy place that was more expensive than bic camera but had double the selection - heaps of animated stuff I have never seen. I knew it had to have transformers because of the huge optimus prime billboard outside.

I was going to have a sleep at the hotel fist but may need to get to a mandarake was too much. We headed off to Nakano. Anther cool place like the bazar in chapel street but 100 times busier and 200 times larger.
    Got totally lost but eventualy found the vintage areas thanks yo getting a map in english. Made 3 purchases 2 G1s but not really notable but pretty good and they were all on my wants list. There was one marquee pice that was pretty nice but I need to check what other stores first especailly as I got the goodbyes before I left australia..
    Saw a Boxed Black Zarak in the window and a couple of Scorponoks with damaged boxes. My girlfriend did the price conversion on Zarak and decided we could get a small second hand car for that much. There were some other masterforce at ok prices but the autobot cars all had munted boxes and very expensive.
    When I was asking to look at particular pieces the guy who was opening the cabniets wasnt taking much care, a smokescreen fell to the floor and other boxes were falling all over the place. Many boxes had there flaps bent with boxes sitting on top of them! G1 collectors would feel this pain! No specific tf shopping planned until wednesday now... a whole day to wait!
    Last edited by Skullcruncher; 27th June 2011 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Greetings from Japan my fellow otca members!

I was going to write this last night but had been awake for just over 38 and every time I blinked my eyelids were trying to stay closed.

Even thought it was hectic got to Bic Camera in Ginza.

Wow what an awesome place! First I walked around the tv areas of course doing the price conversions in my head to australia dollers. But then made my way to level B2 where the good stuff is - the transformers. Plenty of DoTM Japan excelusives here Vortex, Air Raid? and several others with the japanese exclusive sticker on them. All these were priced at 2180 yen. I got some photos and headed off. Also stumbled upon a toy place that was more expensive than bic camera but had double the selection - heaps of animated stuff I have never seen. I knew it had to have transformers because of the huge optimus prime billboard outside.

I was going to have a sleep at the hotel fist but may need to get to a mandarake was too much. We headed off to Nakano. Anther cool place like the bazar in chapel street but 100 times busier and 200 times larger.
    Got totally lost but eventualy found the vintage areas thanks yo getting a map in english. Made 3 purchases 2 G1s but not really notable but pretty good and they were all on my wants list. There was one marquee pice that was pretty nice but I need to check what other stores first especailly as I got the goodbyes before I left australia..
    Saw a Boxed Black Zarak in the window and a couple of Scorponoks with damaged boxes. My girlfriend did the price conversion on Zarak and decided we could get a small second hand car for that much. There were some other masterforce at ok prices but the autobot cars all had munted boxes and very expensive.
    When I was asking to look at particular pieces the guy who was opening the cabniets wasnt taking much care, a smokescreen fell to the floor and other boxes were falling all over the place. Many boxes had there flaps bent with boxes sitting on top of them! G1 collectors would feel this pain! No specific tf shopping planned until wednesday now... a whole day to wait!
    Bicu Bicu Bicu Bicu Camera!!!! So Love those stores! Have you headed to Akihabara yet? That place is oh so awesome. Sounds like you are having a great time, makes me want to go back!

Quote Originally Posted by mknell View Post
    Bicu Bicu Bicu Bicu Camera!!!!
    Great, now I have that jingle in my head!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Great, now I have that jingle in my head!
    My Mrs hated it so much lol