Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Tokyo Toy Show

Megs looks like he spent too long in the sun. Reminds me too much of yellowed plastic thats been around a few years. Shockwave is more brillant in colour and pops. I dig it more than previous colour scheme. BW megs. Has a hand now. I so want MP BWs but...$$.

Shockwave looks awesome in that pic. I was a bit "meh" at the announcement but it really does look much better than the first one. Unfortunately i wont be shelling out a ridiculous amount of money for a slightly different version of an MP i already have.
    Spiderken Away!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    Shockwave looks awesome in that pic. I was a bit "meh" at the announcement but it really does look much better than the first one. Unfortunately i wont be shelling out a ridiculous amount of money for a slightly different version of an MP i already have.
    100% my thoughts

So it's been confirmed at the show that BW Megatron is in fact MP-43, it was mistakenly labeled MP-44. So that seemingly rules out a surprise G1 announcement. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    So it's been confirmed at the show that BW Megatron is in fact MP-43, it was mistakenly labeled MP-44. So that seemingly rules out a surprise G1 announcement. Sigh.
    I've got to say I'm surprised by this, not because of the lack of a reveal but the fact that they didn't even bother reprinting the label. How much effort would that have taken...

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I've got to say I'm surprised by this, not because of the lack of a reveal but the fact that they didn't even bother reprinting the label. How much effort would that have taken...
    This just shows how lazy Takara is now we should lower expectation already

bowspearer Guest

Takara Tomy's presentations are being livestreamed and the Transformers panels special stages start in around 3 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Takara Tomy's presentations are being livestreamed and the Transformers panels start in around 3 mins.
    Just clicked on the link now and there is a guy in his budgie smugglers interacting with Optimus Prime. Very Japanese.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Just clicked on the link now and there is a guy in his budgie smugglers interacting with Optimus Prime. Very Japanese.
    Yeah when the Translation said special stage, I thought the meant the venue, not the event. It's painful.

There's a second TF event at 16:30 AEST. Hopefully that's the toy panel.

That guy is a little distracting as well as being perplexing.