Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RiD Vehicon - will he really be that hard to find locally?

Yeah I remember going nuts in 2010 when I was there last. 16 bucks for a deluxe. Almost half the price in some cases to what we pay here. So lame. Cheers for the photos liege. Brings back memories. (and bad memories of how unlucky we are here toy wise!)

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post

Anyone paying more than retail for a Vehicon is wasting his/her money. These are mass-released western retail toys. Wave 4 will have two Vehicons to a case - more than any other figure. Unless one values immediate gratification over money there's no reason to do anything but wait. And then wait some more for a sale.

Paying over retail is a waste of money for any toy IMO. If a toy proves ridiculously hard to find then I might consider paying above RRP, but not by a whole lot. Even then, I'm not gonna be happy about it (at best I'd be quite satisfied, but not elated).

e.g. United Frumble. That set was freaking hard to find for me. Often I'd see it pop up at prices I wasn't willing to pay, like $100 or more (for two regular retail store release Scouts? Erm... no thanks). I finally found them for 4200JPY ($53), $23 above RRP. Still wasn't happy. So I haggled and bargained it down to 3486JPY ($44 - more like $40 as the AUD was stronger then) - so $10 above RRP. Not delighted, but acceptable - so I accepted it. My worst case of allowing myself to be ripped off was United Wheeljack... prior to finding it I'd be searching for Generations Wheeljack for months with no success. Then I found a United Wheeljack for $38, so $8 above RRP. I caved and bought it. Then about a few weeks later I find Generations Wheeljack at my local Kmart for $25! Yes, United Wheeljack is nice, but not worth paying $8 above RRP nice IMO. I would have gladly picked up Generations Wheeljack for $13 less!! <sigh> But again, it was because I'd already been looking for ages and ages without finding it. But in hindsight I wish I'd waited a bit longer to get Generations Wheeljack.