Page 10 of 76 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152030 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

Ram-man looks good. But I don't think I wanna pay that much for him. I was a bit annoyed with the QC on my Photog and my Bubble She-ra and Swifty got lost with Kurdts. Since they dont seem to want o/s money anymore, I am gonna keep it.

More for other toys, like TMNT and FOC!

Plus I don't know most of those characters slated for release... All I recognised, were Fisto, Frosta, king Randor (Cool puffy sleeves though), Mosquiotor, Ram man and some black haired he-man ( ? ). All the rest no idea...

And Pixel Dan, yeh. When has he properly criticised a MOTUC figure? He just seems to love any old trash that they bust out. Obviously has been corrupted by all that free Plastic crack he's been given.

has anyone been reading the DC Digital Comic at all?

2 Issues so far

Issue #1 - The Lost Knight
    Issue #2 - Man-At-Arms
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    has anyone been reading the DC Digital Comic at all?

2 Issues so far

Issue #1 - The Lost Knight
    Issue #2 - Man-At-Arms
    I have. My 'review' of issue 1 was here.

Issue 2 was really a short story about magic versus technology, which is quite appropriate for the MOTUniverse. The portrayal of the Sorceress was clearly written and illustrated by geeky men fantasising. It was pretty much "ooh... Duncan's coming over - I'll just unzip my clothes down to my crotch and beg him to let me 'heal' him." But Man-At-Arms was too noble to fall for the lusty temptress. This time.

Also, why didn't he fly a Wind Raider? It's a MOTU and MOTUC vehicle with a winch - exactly what was needed. Way too much genericness in this issue rather than Masters imagery.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Man, I just have to vent about the Org. That place is a shambles. Infractions are handed out willy nilly to people who are snarky, or just post a link to something in a comment (yes, really!!)... but it's perfectly fine to be an utter pr!ck, flame people, and insult lifestyle choices. I can't, for the life of me, see any consistency from the Mods... there seem to be conflicting rules and standards. It's a mess!

Nothing's happened to me personally, but I just had to post something. I was reading a few threads just now, and the way people behave on there to one another is disgraceful. I would actively encourage people NOT to join that forum - it's a terrible experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Man, I just have to vent about the Org. That place is a shambles. Infractions are handed out willy nilly to people who are snarky, or just post a link to something in a comment (yes, really!!)... but it's perfectly fine to be an utter pr!ck, flame people, and insult lifestyle choices. I can't, for the life of me, see any consistency from the Mods... there seem to be conflicting rules and standards. It's a mess!

Nothing's happened to me personally, but I just had to post something. I was reading a few threads just now, and the way people behave on there to one another is disgraceful. I would actively encourage people NOT to join that forum - it's a terrible experience!
    The Org has deteriorated into something I don't like and can be a bit shameful. They forced Emiliano out just because he spoke his mind against Mattel practices. The whole place now works as a weird totalitarian state in which freedom of expression is managed and control.

Here, read all about it:

http://santalux.blogspot.com.au/2012...sy-to-say.html

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    The Org has deteriorated into something I don't like and can be a bit shameful. They forced Emiliano out just because he spoke his mind against Mattel practices. The whole place now works as a weird totalitarian state in which freedom of expression is managed and control.

Here, read all about it:

http://santalux.blogspot.com.au/2012...sy-to-say.html
    Wow, that's sad! What a joke the Org is. It's like they're an arm of Mattel now. Surely they must see their hypocrisy?

Edit: Thanks for posting the link, Kup. I'm gonna share it around!

Yeah it's pretty bad what they did to Emiliano and I think that it was motivated by Mattel (Scott) as the admin and mods of the Org are just tools:

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano
    Reasons given for these measures are my critiques about Mattel's representatives actions over the years. In general my removal should "set the right tone with Mattel" as my opinions are seen as detrimental for the good of the fan community.
    http://santalux.blogspot.com.au/2012...he-manorg.html

Basically, they just booted Emiliano because he criticized Scott's actions and management of the line and due to his high standing in the fan community, Scott/Mattel probably saw him as a threat and had him kicked out.

I know that I should be saying 'Mattel' instead of Scott but we all know how his ego works and how he runs the whole show when it comes to MOTU.
    Last edited by kup; 17th July 2012 at 03:37 PM.

It's fascinating!

I'm so over Scott and his BS. I don't have any time for him anymore (not that I've had much in the past 2 years anyway), but I simply don't believe a goddam word he says. I agree with you Kup - he's the worst thing that's ever happened to MOTU, and he's made me start to question even collecting the classic line anymore. I'll pick up a couple next year, but I'm close to done now. It amazes me how many people share these sentiments... the general feeling toward Scott and the Org on many forums and facebook is overwhelmingly negative!

Wow... Scott must be desperate!

And through fear we shall govern!

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Wow... Scott must be desperate!

And through fear we shall govern!

Where do they get this "high end" crap? For a line that is exclusively dependent on the re-use of parts and cheapening out on paint jobs and accessories, it sure doesn't seem very high end to me. You can get better quality figures from other companies that are better value with unique sculpts and superior paint apps.

They are just trying to profit at the expense of consumers and Scott is a selfish SOB who exploits his position for personal reasons without any thought to customers.

I think that's the death knell of MOTUC. Scott/Mattel have managed to kill the line through sheer greed and stupidity unless the masses don't mind being exploited and abused for another year.
    Last edited by kup; 20th July 2012 at 05:43 PM.