Page 133 of 195 FirstFirst ... 113123128129130131132133134135136137138143153 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1942

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    +What happened to Unicron's left calf and foot after it fell off? His head pops off and his torso gets obliterated, but no peep about his left limb after the movie.
    Looks like it ended up in griffin's friends couch

+If Rodimus Prime reverts back to Hot Rod immediately after the Matrix is removed from his chest (as seen in the cartoon) why is he still able to maintain his Rodimus persona after Galvatron blasts it out of his hands?
    Shouldn't he turn back into Hot Rod, then Rodimus once he picks up the Matrix again? But then... shouldn't he have become Rodimus when he held the Matrix when Optimus kicked the bucket?
    Maybe its not just about whether or not the Magical Christmas Tree Bauble is in one's posession or not, but the actual thoughts and feelings of the person at the time? If the Matrix senses the wielder truly doesn't want to be in that position, it doesn't grant the wielder its powers?

+ If Optimus was inside the Matrix, shouldn't he have communicated to Magnus and said something like "Magnus, you're not the chosen one. Give it to the kid & save yourself from being drawn, quartered & rebuilt" Hes got no issues letting the Arise, Rodimus Prime rip when it's called for.
    Well I'd like to think that Optimus' spirit was still making its way into the Matrix at this point since he'd literally JUST keeled over in a matter of minutes/hours before.

Umm... any particular reason why the review threads that are currently on hold are still in the holding section?

It is said that we don't get movie triple-changers because rendering that in the live-action aesthetic is just too difficult. I was pondering a way to do it, however, that borrows from the exo-skeletal feature most recently seen in Seige Ultra Magnus or Shockwave.

The core robot would transforms into the land vehicle mode. However, a handful of accessories would, in robot mode, artfully add some more kibble, and in alt-mode turn the toy into its larger, aircraft form.

FatalityPitt Guest

Default Thoughts about the new scales/size classes in Siege:WFC

At first when I saw how small the new Siege Leader class figures were compared to the Prime Wars Leader class figures; I was thinking “Gosh, Hasbro are making the Leader class figures smaller (out of less plastic) and still charging the same price??” But then after seeing pictures of the new Jetfire in the new Commander size-class; I’m really starting to appreciate the new size-classes in Siege.

As much as I love the Prime Wars Trilogy, I thought the choice of scale/size class for some of the characters were a bit off. I felt like CW Skylinx, TR Broadside, and PotP Grimlock were too small to properly scale with other characters, and I felt like CW Megatron, TR Blaster/Soundwave, PotP Rodimus Prime were too big.

I think that by shrinking down the Leader class figures and adding in the Commander class, it allows for a bit more variety in sizes, and those sizes would be more fitting for some of the bigger characters.

I think if I could re-make some Prime Wars characters using the new size classes in Siege (while ignoring combining or headmaster gimmicks); I’d probably do something like this:

Siege Commander class:
    Skylinx
    Broadside

Siege Leader class:
    Blaster/Soundwave
    Galvatron
    Grimlock
    Rodimus Prime
    Sixshot

Siege Voyager class:
    Slag
    Snarl
    Sludge
    (Yeah, I felt the PotP Dinobots were a bit small, especially Sludge)

Micromaster class:
    Rewind/Rumble
    Ravage/Stripes

I think if the scales were arranged like this in Prime Wars using the sizes used in Siege, we wouldn’t need to experience having a Grimlock who’s shorter than Starscream, a Rodimus Prime who’s twice as tall as Galvatron, or a Skylinx that looks like Blaster’s pet cat.

Wait... isn't Commander Class like... between the old Legends Class (e.g. RTS Megatron) and new Legends Class (e.g. TR Seaspray) scale? e.g. DOTM Powerglide

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Wait... isn't Commander Class like... between the old Legends Class (e.g. RTS Megatron) and new Legends Class (e.g. TR Seaspray) scale? e.g. DOTM Powerglide

Commander Class used to be in toylines that had a Legion class and was about the size of Legends class (which Generations already has), as the Legion class was smaller than Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The new Class name is going to be confusing, as "Commander class" used to be about Legends size.

I was in Woolworths and the Haylee Steinfeld song from the Bumblebee Movie was playing on the in-store speakers. I guess Bumblebee has done well enough to have the soundtrack play in supermarkets.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

They re-purposed the name of the size class. The new Jetfire in Siege is labelled as a "Commander Class" figure.

EDIT: Thinking about it now, I think it might have been more appropriate if they called the new Jetfire's class "Supreme Class". According to TFwiki, that's the class above Leaders in previous lines like Cybertron, Animated and Universe 2008.

It seems that the price would exceed even the Supreme Class though, because Supremes were about the same price as Leaders ($100). While they are larger toys, they're also simpler in engineering (e.g. Roll-Out Animated Optimus Prime vs ROTF Leader OP etc.) So in that sense I don't think that Supreme would be suitable.

Perhaps Ultimate Class ($150).

------------------------------

Is anyone else not buying Siege's "Cybertronian Mode" thing? Cos I look at toys like Siege Sideswipe, Hound, Roadhandler, Swindler etc. and can't help but think that these are awfully Earthen looking 'Cybertronian' modes! Now I know that the Transformers have always had human-biases in their designs; humanoid bodies, windows/cockpits and internal controls in their Cybertronian modes etc. - but ever since G1 I liked how they tried to make their Cybertronian alt modes more alien even if it wasn't perfect (which as a kid I didn't notice). But the Siege alt modes, for me at least, are too Earthlike to the point that I can no longer suspend disbelief.

This is why Siege Hound holds no appeal for me. I already have Henkei Hound, which has a nice and more realistic looking Earthen alt mode. But Siege Hound's alt mode isn't alien looking enough for me to suspend disbelief and accept it as Cybertronian, but it's also not Earth-like enough for me to accept it as being Earthen. I don't mind fictitious Earthen alt modes, like say Classics Bumblebee or Henkei Lambor -- these aren't based on licensed vehicles, but they look like they could be real cars. Some of these Siege modes look to me not Earth-like enough to be Earthen but not alien enough to be Cybertronian. That's why I skipped Sideswipe -- Henkei Lambor is more Earth-like to me, and my Fall of Cybertron Sideswipe, even as a redeco/retool of Jazz, is more alien and Cybertronian to me. And honestly, even if I did get these toys, I'd be more inclined to view them as Earth modes than Cybertronian.

I recently picked up the Micromasters and damn if these are the most Earth-like looking "Cybertronian" modes I have ever seen! I'm not saying that they're bad toys BTW, I'm just saying that for some of them I cannot suspend disbelief and view them as Cybertronian modes.

I wish that Hasbro/TT would just bite the bullet and call it what it is: G1 Revisited. I'd be ok with that.
    Don't try and sell me a product that is clearly scratching the G1 itch, but then decide to slap on some shoddy "battle damage" and forced Cybertronian afterthought alt modes.